Unable to Upgrade Windows 11

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by CarlR7, Dec 22, 2023.

1. CarlR7

CarlR7 Bit poster

Hi All,
    I have a MacBook Pro M1 running Mac OS 14.2.
    I'm running Parallels Version 19.2.0 (54827)
    I have been trying to upgrade to the latest version of Windows 11 Preview for some time without success. I keep getting the following error:

Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26016.1012 (rs_prerelease)
    Install error - 0xc1900101

Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to install this latest Windows 11 update?
    Thanks.

2. MartinW27

MartinW27 Bit poster

Best Answer
    It seems to have been resolved with tha latest 26040.1000 canary build

3. ErikR4

ErikR4 Member

4. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello,
    Thanks for bringing it up!
    We're aware of the issue and have already reported it to our colleagues from Microsoft.

CarlR7 likes this.
  5. DonovanD

DonovanD Member

@Mikhail Ushakov , thanks for the reply. Any update on this issue? I just updated to the latest Parallels version and tried the Windows 11 Insider Preview 26002.1000 update again but it still fails with error code 0xc1900101. Any thoughts/suggestions/guidance for successfully installing this update?

6. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

hello @DonovanD ,
    The issue isn't related to any technical faults inside Parallels Desktop, so we've escalated it to our colleagues from the Microsoft team. As far as I know, there is no workaround for this right now but they're actively working to have it addressed (Note: Microsoft Canary channel builds could include major issues that could result in not being able to use your Windows correctly or even in some rare cases require you to reinstall Windows). I'd advise you to reach out to Microsoft support for assistance.

7. LeRoi

LeRoi Hunter

Windows insider builds for Beta and Developer install in Parallels with no problem. The only ongoing problem is with Canary builds which has been happening sincce Canary buil 25997. (20620 is the present Canary build). There is a VERY LONG string of reports on this that you might want to check.

8. MartinW27

MartinW27 Bit poster

Best Answer
    It seems to have been resolved with tha latest 26040.1000 canary build