USB device problem since upgrade to Parallels 11

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by GabrielLogan, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Julian1

Julian1 Junior Member

Is there a chance for a hotfix?
    The problem is so serious that I regret to have upgraded.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Jagstyle, thank you for reporting us the issue, this seems to be known issue in the latest build of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac and our Engineers are looking into this. And this should be fixed in our future updates. Stay tuned for the update, http://kb.parallels.com/123410

3. AndreN1

AndreN1 Bit poster

Any idea when this update is expected, this is a serious problem and appears to be common to many of your users, it has made parallels useless to me as happens to ALL of my 4 USB drives

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Dear Andre, we've already responded in the other forum thread that you have posted. Kindly check and provide the problem report to investigate the issue further.

5. gages

gages Bit poster

6. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi @gages, thank you for reporting us the issue, this seems to be known issue in the latest build of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac and our Engineers are looking into this. And this should be fixed in our future updates. Stay tuned for the update, http://kb.parallels.com/123410

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hello, It seems that you're on outdated build of Parallels Desktop 11, please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build 11.1.1 (32408). You can update to the latest build as suggested in this article. Latest version always available here: http://www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd11/ Please note that Parallels Tools also needs to be updated (Actions > Update Parallels Tools). Please see this article to know more about Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac updates summary.

4ndrea R3 likes this.
  8. Julian1

Julian1 Junior Member

Thank You, 11.1.1 (32408) fixed my problem. Thats great!

4ndrea R3 likes this.
  9. PaulChristopher@Parallels

You're welcome! Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help. Thanks!

10. 4ndrea R3

4ndrea R3 Bit poster

Thank You, now USB seem to work correctly...!

11. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Great! Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help. Thanks!

12. MiroslawD

MiroslawD Bit poster

13. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Great! Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help. Thanks!

14. GabrielL1

GabrielL1 Junior Member

Hi,

The last version doesn't fix this bug:

So, I have made some tests.
    Consider that for these tests, I have started Paralells but not launch virtual machine.
    If I connect a NTFS USB Key when Parallels is running, it's ok, the key is now well mounted and appears on the desktop of the mac.
    It's remain a problem with my hard drive. My hard drive have two partitions, one NTFS and one HFS. When I connect my hard drive when Parallels desktop is started, the HFS is well mounted (it appears in the finder and on the Mac desktop) but not the NTFS (it doesn't appear in the finder and neither on the Mac desktop). However, in the Paragonprefpane, both NTFS and HFS appear as mounted... I have to unmount the NTFS and mount it again so as to the NTFS appears in the finder and on the desktop of the Mac.

15. marat_t

marat_t Pro

Hi, does the issue persist with Paragon driver unloaded? Are you running latest Paragon version?

16. GabrielL1

GabrielL1 Junior Member

No problem if Paragon is unloaded, both partitions are well mounted.
    This is the case since the upgrade to Parallels 11. The issues is linked to both app: Paragon and PD together.
    Same problem if I use Tuxera instead of Paragon as described in the first post of this thread.

17. marat_t

marat_t Pro

I've reproduced reported behavior with Paragon 14.1.187, Parallels Desktop 11.1.2-32408 and NTFS formatted USB stick
    from what I see Paragon fails to mount device, however if I open System Preferences > Paragon and hit mount, them USB gets mounted. Mounting manually via diskutil tool also works.

This issue doesn't persist in Parallels Desktop 10 as Parallels Desktop 10 USB driver is not working properly in OS X 10.11.2 (Apple has changed USB stack there). I don't know if our fix in 11.1.2-32408 is causing this behavior or Paragon/Tuxera driver has issues after OS X 10.11.2 update. At the same time if both drivers are not running concurrently, the issue doesn't persist.

I've reported it to Parallels Desktop Development. They will investigate it.

18. 4ndrea R3

4ndrea R3 Bit poster

I'm sorry but USB problem still persist. After build 32408 seem that all work fine but last tests fails...

If I attach USB external Drive to my Mac after that Guest OS Windows (7 or 8 or 10) is started there is no method to have my disk visible from my Mac (after detaching USB from OS Guest and also after stoppin VM)... The USB disk is instead visible from the Guest OS... To reach the disk from my Mac I have to share Guest OS DISK...
    Any news for a new Parallels Build...?
    Thank You.

19. 4ndrea R3

4ndrea R3 Bit poster

1 - I Started Parallels Desktop but I haven't started any VM. Only Parallels Desktop is running.
    After that I connected my External USB Disk to my Mac but nothing happened. No disk visible on Desktop and no Disk appear on /Volumes/ folder.
    Report ID: 86521795

2 - So I stopped Parallels Desktop, disconnected my External USB Disk e reconnected to my Mac. Now the USB disk appear on Desktop (and obviously on /Volumes/ folder)...
    I started again Parallels Desktop and the USB icon stay on desktop...I can access to it.
    Report ID: 86522243

3 - At the end I started Windows 7 VM and attached the USB disk to VM (the disk is just connected to my Mac before to start Parallels).... I can work on it from VM. After I disconnect my USB disk from Windows 7 and reattach to my Mac (but the USB icon doesn't appear on desktop and no appear on /Volumes/)
    I can't access to my disk...!!! I have to stop Windows 7 Virtual Machine, Exit from Parallels, Disconnect my USB disk e RECONNECT it to my MAC...!!!
    Report ID: 86522681

Thank You, is important for me using external USB disk with some different Vm and reconnect temporarly to my Mac... Tha worst is when Parallels is started, no VM started but connecting my USB DISK nothing happen...!
    Thanks for your help!

20. TobiasB1

TobiasB1 Bit poster

How do I start a new thread on this forum. Having some trouble editing my website and think it has something to do with Parallels.