LeonardoP2
Bit poster
I work with embedded devices, and a problem I had is that sometimes when a USB device reconnects it appears as connected to a different USB port. In our application, we use the physical USB hub and port numbers to identify a particular device, which are not supposed to change since they're tied to the hardware, but every now and then these numbers seem to change and we need to remap our device to the right physical port.
It would be nice if you could capture this information from the underlying hardware so it's consistent. I know it's kind of a niche use case, but many times it prevented me from doing proper testing, or had to ask people with Windows laptops to test it for me.
It would be nice if you could capture this information from the underlying hardware so it's consistent. I know it's kind of a niche use case, but many times it prevented me from doing proper testing, or had to ask people with Windows laptops to test it for me.