v4 very slow after resume

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by schvenk, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Bill Hall

Bill Hall Member

Hey Tim- Submitted the report with ID 817240

Please post any updates back to this forum.

Thanks.

2. wwwake

wwwake Bit poster

Hi Tim!

Thanks for helping out with our issue. Here is the system I am running followed by a few questions:

Parallels Dekstop 4.0 Build 3848
    Mac OS X 10.4.11
    2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook / 2GB Ram

Is this an issue that was only fixed for Snow Leopard (10.6)? I have installed all updates to parallels and still experience the problem on my machine. I would update to the newest version of OS X but we currently are using programs that are not supported past 10.4.

If the last answer was yes, is there a different workaround for a system running 10.4? Can you give us any details about what the issue was so we might try and find a solution ourselves? (I've been looking for update logs and can't find any)

3. Bill Hall

Bill Hall Member

In case it helps, this symptom does not occur when running Windows 7, only XP.

4. wwwake

wwwake Bit poster

Tim,

I know some people have replied and this thread has gotten shanghai'd since it was originally started, but I'm still hoping for some answers to the questions I posted. Any information shared on the forums might be of more help to people than everyone simply submitting tickets and overloading your department with unnecessary requests.

I still have hope in the Parallels support department! Please don't kill what hope I have left!

5. Bill Hall

Bill Hall Member

Bump'in this one along. Submitted the reports like you do but it feels a bit like a placebo. Appears to be happening in Win 7 as well.

thx