Visio and MS-Project?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by JeffP23, Nov 21, 2023.

1. JeffP23

JeffP23 Bit poster

Hi, I'm new to the Windows on ARM virtualization thing and cannot seem to find a definitive answer to my question;
    Can I run Visio and MS-Project?

I cannot use 3rd party apps since I need 100% compatibility with file exchange and access to the MS-Project Server.
    Your direction and hints are greatly appreciated.
    Jeff
    Senior Project Manager CIBC
    Cards Division

2. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hi Jeff,
    There should be no issues with running these apps but it's always a good idea to verify that it meets your need first before purchasing a license. You can install a free trial version and check if it works for you :) The trial version is available at https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/trial/.

3. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

Absolutely. Just login to Office 365 from within Windows 11 and download the 64bit apps directly. I've had no luck with 32bit apps, but the direct downloaded 64bit apps work great.

4. JeffP23

JeffP23 Bit poster

Thanks, I already have the software installed but I get errors when i try to install Office pro plus 2021. Neither the x86 or x64 versions of the installers will load.

5. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

Like I said, login to your 365 account and download from there. The x86 version and the x64 versions you refer to are likely for Intel-based chips.

6. Tibor

Tibor

Hi
    Can I run Project Professional 2021 and VISIO PROFESSIONAL 2019 under parallels desktop with MacBook Pro with M3 CPU?
    I bought VISIO PROFESSIONAL 2019 and I do installed but instantly closing after staring the program.

7. KuntineeM

KuntineeM Bit poster

I am also wondering about stand-alone VISIO for ARM. My old license for window cannot be installed and I am not sure whether or which VISIO version work on M3 CPU and parallel.

8. Trishna Oobeyram

Trishna Oobeyram Staff Member

Hello @Tibor
    Please try to install Visio Pro 2021 on your MacBook Pro.
    It looks like Visio Pro 2019 is not compatible with the Macbook with M-chip series.
    Thanks.

9. Trishna Oobeyram

Trishna Oobeyram Staff Member

Hello @KuntineeM
    We recommend you to install Visio PRO 2021.
    Please let us know if you have any issue with your Windows so that we can assist you further.
    Regards,