VM speed issues after Parallels Update (Pro v13.3)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Henry-In-Florida, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Henry-In-Florida

Henry-In-Florida Member

I got an additional license for my wife's iMac (fusion drive) to run a program she needs in Windows 10 Pro. Upgraded my install for Pro and used my old V13 registration for Standard version on her machine. The install on iMac went well enough... However the following issues have occurred:
    1. Poor support... Very difficult to get to support with a code in hand? No response from support to troubleshoot on Sunday. Can I assume there are no support hours?
    2. Speed issues are in two areas... Fusion drive slow (feels like it's running @ ¹/₂ speed compared to MacOS host) in installing updates, accessing applications.
    3. Should I reinstall Windows OS instead of upgrading it (installed 1709, new April update 18xx), tried two different settings on Network ports Bridge and share with no changes on iMac machine. Speed seems better on MBP. However, on both the network speed seems slow for updates AND related to #1 above, slower still on iMac for installing updates (there are more updates on the newer installation of course, so it's particularly noticeable and frustrating).
    4. Settings tweaks in the April Update web page you posted (on my working Parallels install and VM for Windows 10 upgraded to v 18xx) don't appear to be the same as described on your web page for display settings, specifically transparent windows. Others as well.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  2. Henry-In-Florida

Henry-In-Florida Member

Not much good to have included support and no (or unknown) support hours and/or access to it!

3. Henry-In-Florida

Henry-In-Florida Member

While updating my other VM's to work in Parallels 13.3, noticed extreme slowness in my Windows 7 VM after toolbox install. It is now unusable.