Vulkan Support (add app titles in the comments)

Hello, just bought parallels to run Steam on my mac... and the only game i wanted, No man's Sky, can't run as i miss Vulcan Driver.

Can you add this major support ?
 
I've been occasionally logging into my Windows 11 on Parallels for almost a year now just to see where things stand. I renewed my license, but I'm starting to regret paying for nothing... I bought a Windows 11 Parallels license just to be able to play Satisfactory.

It's seriously getting on my nerves, especially since no one has done anything since the 0.8 update. Now with 1.0, it's impossible to play...
Sometimes I feel like these so-called "improvements" are going in the wrong direction--it's getting worse and worse...

What drives me crazy is that it's possible to work with the Unreal engine directly on Mac, so I really don't get why developers don't bother making a version for Mac, especially since the M1s...

PS : Vulkan Driver is required to run the engine...
 
I started Parallels earlier this year to play PC games from Steam on my Mac. The Parallels marketing sure pushes this ability, and it was working fine. But now more and more games are using Vulkan. After searching I came across this forum that's now 5 years old, and I'm sad to see that they still haven't made any enhancements to improve that. I like the convenience of Parallels, but also rethinking subscribing if it's not working on major pain points for gaming.
 
Still waiting... it would be nice to get some kind of official statement. Soon, under consideration, distant future, never... something.
 
Adding Vulkan support would require creating a separate rendering backend since it works differently from DX11. It's feasible but can be complex, needing careful adaptation of shaders and resources to ensure compatibility and performance.
 
FYI -- Vulkan on Apple supports HDR, via its MoltenVK that translates to Metal API.
So adding Vulkan support could concurrently tie-in with the "Add HDR Support" wishlist feature request.
 
Vulkan Support in order to run X4 Foundations would be tremendously useful - I represent the developer and we could also promote Parallels to our customers in that case!
 
Back
Top