Window instead of Published Application

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by timteka, Jan 21, 2009.

1. timteka

timteka Guest

Hi, guys,
    After upgrading to the latest 6.2 of both server and clients i'm having strange problem. Trying to run published application i'm getting just the remote server desktop (btw, without taskbar).
    Whaz wrong with it?

Thanx in advance

2. i97ricro

i97ricro Guest

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Best Regards

Richard

3. timteka

timteka Guest

Hi, Richard.
    Try to restart the servers. That was the salvation for me :)

4. i97ricro

i97ricro Guest

Classic solution, haha

I will try, thanks for reply :)

5. pj

pj Guest

i have the same problem. So I restarted the server, several times. The problem still occurs: instead of getting the published application, i'm getting just the remoteServer's desktop (without taskbar). I think this issue could be resolved by selecting "Run initial program specified by user profile..." at the RDP-Tcp Properties (see page 42 of the 2XAppServer-LoadBalancer-Manual.pdf)

6. Talkincat

Talkincat Guest

I seem to be having this issue with the 2X client as well, except that only 3 users out of about 50 have this problem. You can do the "run initial program" trick, but it's not ideal.

Does anybody know why this would happen to only a few users no matter what PC they're on? This really weird.

We're using a 2008 domain controller and a 2003 terminal server.

7. i97ricro

i97ricro Guest

Hi Again

I have posted an issue to Support but no reply yet. Can you all confirm that this is related to upgrade to version 6.2? Please inform if anyone finds a solution. I also have about 3 out of 50 users experiencing the same problem.

BR / Richard

8. Talkincat

Talkincat Guest

Re: Hi Again

I can't confirm that it's related to 6.2 as this is our initial install of 2X. Are those 3 users having any other trouble with terminal services? See this thread for an idea of what I'm talking about:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com.../cac75155-0534-4568-b9b0-41206ad7307e/?ffpr=0

9. skulldred

skulldred Guest

same here

Hi all

I have installed 2x on a vista based laptop.
    First i cant start published programs i received the error: "a specific machine was not found" after enabling of the remote desktop option the connection works but now i have the same problem like you. When i try to start an application it start a remote desktop session. I hope there is a solution.

Thx

Skulldred

10. zippo

zippo Pro

Re: same here

check if the process memshell.exe is running in the session (on the terminal server). If it is not there ensure that the installation was correct, check in the 2x console for the modules version (information category). Ensure that all the modules have the same version and build numbers.

if memshell version is different, disconnect all sessions from the terminal server and preform a repair of the installation, recheck (you might neded to delete the memshell.exe (situated in the system32 folder).

11. i97ricro

i97ricro Guest

Roaming profiles

Hi, Can this be caused by using TS roaming profiles on the TS Machines? We read the profiles from a share on a machine running WS2008. Do you have the same setup?

Seems like published App works for users having the blue screen if pointing to a TS Machine without roaming profiles

BR / Richard

12. Constan

Constan Guest

Hello, I have the same problem. When I open any program with a desktop. How can I start the application without a desktop window?

13. Constan

Constan Guest

Can someone help me before my trial period expires?
    This is unfortunately not valid for unlimited.

14. zippo

zippo Pro

please check if the process memshell.exe is running on the server session.
    ensure that terminal service are running.
    make sure that you install the server on a Terminal Server

15. dominic01

dominic01 Guest

I just install the 2x APp Server (latest version) and i just published notepad and I see the dull desktop of the server. Appreciate any pointers.

Server: Windows XP prof
    Client : Windows XP prof in a different system

Regards
    Dominic

16. jurgencachia

jurgencachia Guest

hi

check the path and also try to start the application with mstc.

17. dominic01

dominic01 Guest

Path: %windir%\notepad.exe

Please note that, after connecting through the 2x client I see th desktop of the sever and i can open the notepad application without any problem. I dont understand why it is opening the desktop when the user clicks the published "notepad" application.

Regards
    Dominic

18. dominic01

dominic01 Guest

Even the support site is not working either. I was able to register but for all the links I am seeing blcnk pages in both IE and FFox.

Regards
    Dominic

19. jurgencachia

jurgencachia Guest

try to clear your dns

start>run>cmd>ipconfig/flushdns

20. ths-gmbh

ths-gmbh Guest

I have the same problem, but only for users with administrator privileges !!??
    (But not the built in Administrator, only domain-admins...)

Any ideas, what this could be?