Windows 10 Key no accepted

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by KerenM, Aug 2, 2015.

1. MarkyD

MarkyD Bit poster

I have upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 8.1. Recently I have used Bluestacks to use kik on PC since that day my windows is not working properly I am unable to use Windows button to turn off the system and Cortana isn't working too. I need a copy of windows from where I can download.
    I dont have Windows activation key How do I activate new copy of windows. Plz reply

2. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Marky,
    The issue seems to be only with your windows start menu, please follow this article to fix it!

3. Thanks a lot for sharing this.

4. PhilippeB2

PhilippeB2 Bit poster

Hi there,

I have the same problem.
    I installed Parallell out of the box on an iMac then I installed Windows 10 Home (full copy bought form Microsoft Store) and when I copy paste the key received by email from Microsoft it is not accepted.
    What can I do ???
    I called Microsoft. They checked the key and it is valid but not yet activated and they are telling me to call ... Apple !!!!
    Help !

5. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @PhilippeB2, please uncheck "Express installation" and "Windows license key" while you are installing Windows 10 home edition using the Parallels installation wizard. Once you complete the installation, if you have a valid product key, use it to activate Windows:

1. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Activation .
    2. Select Change product key, and then enter the 25-character product key.