Windows 10 screen distortion & flickering with 4K monitor added

WonB

Junior Member
My Windows 10 screen often behaves erratically and produces distorted screen, as demonstrated in the attached screen shot.
What's the problem?

(I have a 27" monitor attached to my iMac retina 5k through a mini display port-to-HDMI adapter cable. But I doubt this cable has anything to do with the issue, because it worked fine under Windows 7.)
 

Attachments

  • windows 10 screen.png
    windows 10 screen.png
    256.4 KB · Views: 8
My Windows 10 screen often behaves erratically and produces distorted screen, as demonstrated in the attached screen shot.
What's the problem?

(I have a 27" monitor attached to my iMac retina 5k through a mini display port-to-HDMI adapter cable. But I doubt this cable has anything to do with the issue, because it worked fine under Windows 7.)
Hey, try to reinstall Parallels Tools and check.
Please provide us with the results.
 
I reinstalled Parallels Tools, but the problem persists, albeit in a different pattern.
 

Attachments

  • Windows 10 screen distortion.png
    Windows 10 screen distortion.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 1
DirectX 9 won't work. It makes Google Chrome keep crashing.
I'm not back to DirectX 10, and the screen problem continues...
 
It worked!
But now I see occasional flickering that I didn't experience with DirectX 10 on.
Problem just piles upon problem.
 
Back
Top