Windows 7 64bit and Parallels Desktop 5 - Parallel tools install fails

PetrZ

Bit poster
Hello,
I have new 27" iMac with Snow Leopard and bought Parallel Desktop 5 and bought Windows 7 Home premium 64bit.
Installation of Parallel Desktop proceeds fine, so does Windows 7 installation.
But then I'm left with no sound, no network. So I try to install Parallel tools and the install fails.
Gives me Time Synchronization failed and 2 pop-ups that Windows 7 requires digitally signed drivers - prl_time.sys and prl_boot.sys

I tried many reinstalls, downloaded the most recent version but nothing worked so far.
 
Hi VratislavÄ,
please do the following:
1. remove any entry of Parallels Tools from Programs list
2. remove (not just disable) any antivirus, restart VM
3. install Parallels Tools from Virtual Machine menu
 
Not working anyway

Hello I-che,

thank you for your help, but it doesn't work. I have a clean and new Windows7 installation. It's just after new installation. I didn't install any programs - neither antivirus. Because the installation of Parallels Tools fails, it is automatically installed and thats why there isn't any Parallels item in Programs list to be removed.

I tried to reboot the VM, but with the same, negative, result. I tried the complete reinstallation of Windows7 in both: automatic and manual ways - still with the same result. The automatical installation of Windows7 ends with Parallels Tools installation, which fails the same way.

One more thing to mention is that there are 3 drivers missing (Multimedia Adapter, Network Adapter Ethernet, PCI Device). So the computer is not connected to the Internet.

Seems that the main problem of Parallels Tools is in Time Synchronization. I turned it off in VM Properties and it didn't help either.
 
Hello,

I have the same problem with Windows 7 64 bit professional (czech language pack).

The error is in digital UNSIGNED drivers of Parallels Tools! Because Windows 7 64 bit accept only signed drivers.

I am waiting to response of czech technical support...
 
Odd. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and had no problems with installing the PD 5 tools, and even in a case where I had tried to install an unsigned driver (a different sound card driver) I was able to proceed by telling Windows to install the driver anyway, even though it wasn't signed (yes, it warned me about 10,000 times).

You could to try lowering your UAC settings, maybe that'll help?
 
same issue, Parallels tools win7x64, parallels 5.0.9344

same issue, Parallels tools install fails, win7x64, parallels 5.0.9344
rolls back at the end of installation, requests reboot and never succeeds.

attached is parallels tools installation log
 

Attachments

Same problem

For me as well, this problem started after trying to install the latest Parallel upgrades.

I have a Macbook 10.5.8 and am trying to use Parallels Desktop 5 build 9376 to run Windows 7. After installing the Parallels Desktop upgrade, it tells me it cannot install the proper drivers and therefore will not connect to the internet, shared folders, etc...

I attempt to install parallels tools and get the error message: Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {98CB24AD-52FB-DB5F-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. HRESULT: 0x8007010B

I attempted all the fixes given by parallels support: disabling all shared files/profiles between the two OS; repairing the NET. Microsoft files in Windows; doing the full uninstall, disk repair and reinstall of Parallel Desktop, but I still get the same error message when trying to install parallel tools.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Of you, has any found a solution? I am still waiting for another response from Parallels support...
 
Nothing seems to work

Thank you for the reply. I attempted to disable windows updated and install parallel tools but I receive the same error message. I have tried both the automatic and manual install of tools.

I received a response from Parallels support as well suggesting to unistall/reinstall Microsoft .NET framework, which I did but also did not help.

Does you or anyone else have any other ideas. I am stuck and would really like to use Parallels for the VM if possible; I don't know any other good interfaces like it.
 
Does "Add or Remove Programs" show an old version of Parallels Tools still installed? If Parallels Tools is listed, click on the "Click here for support information" and note what version it is. Then press the remove button.

Maybe boot Windows into safe mode (hold F8 at startup) before trying to remove or update.
 
No, 'add or remove programs' does not show parallels, though at the bottom tool bar of window of the VM (when not in coherence or full screen mode) shows the icon that parallel tools is installed.

When I boot up in safe mode I get error code 1652 saying I cannot install while in safe mode...
 
Back
Top