Windows 7 Deleting Snapshot?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jasdelta, Apr 3, 2017.

1. jasdelta

jasdelta Bit poster

Hello Folks,

Lately when deleting a snapshot it takes up to 4 minutes to do. To create one it takes only seconds.
    I am operating with Mac OSX Sierra the latest version

Can anyone help me trouble shoot this?

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @jasdelta, A snapshot is a saved state of a guest OS, it can be created immediately. We recommend you to merge snapshots as suggested in this article rather deleting it. Because merging is performed automatically when you delete any snapshot except the last one in the branch. When you delete an intermediate snapshot, the information it contains is merged into the next snapshot of the same branch.

3. jasdelta

jasdelta Bit poster

Thanks for your reply. What I was referring to in my note was the automatic creation/deletion of shapshots by PD. When PD goes to delete a anapshot and create a new one, it takes at least 4 or 5 minutes to just delete one let alone create a new one. It never used to do this at all, it used to only take about a minute. What is causing this?

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We would like to know the version and build of Parallels Desktop you are using. If possible check and let us know how much snapshots you have totally.