Windows cannot access \\.psf error message after Win 10 TP upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by LeeP1, May 2, 2015.

1. SheilaW

SheilaW Bit poster

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem and have followed instructions from both of your posts but keep getting this message after reinstalling Parallels Tools:

Windows cannot access \\psf\Home\Desktop
    Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify and resolve network problems, click Diagnose.​

When I click "diagnose," I get a message that says "Problems found One or more network protocols are missing on this computer" with no other options but to close the Windows Network Diagnostics.

I have the new Windows 10 Insider Preview and Parallels Desktop 10.2.1 installed on my Yosemite

2. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Sheila,
    Please follow the steps below, to resolve the issue:
    1. Un-install Parallels Tools from the Control Panel.
    2. Reboot the virtual machine.
    3. Install Parallels Tools (in Parallels Desktop menu bar Virtual Machine -> Install Parallels Tools).

3. levitdermatology

levitdermatology Bit poster

4. neilgreene

neilgreene Bit poster

Ohhh damn! Can Windows, even in Preview10 really be this annoying. I disable the Shared Profile and try to login, and I get a prompt that I will be logged out. Log back in, get a prompt that I will be logged out. Cann not login to Reinstall Parallels.

5. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Neilgreene,
    Parallels Desktop Development team is aware of the issue and is working on the permanent solution.

Meanwhile you can try http://kb.parallels.com/123045 to fix shared Folders do not work in Windows 10 Technical Preview
    the issue.

6. HaN3

HaN3 Bit poster

It's strange that I can access \\psf\Home but cannot access \\psf\ after all of the steps you've mentioned.
    I cannot interact with folder or files appeared on my Desktop too.
    Do you guys have any idea of this issue?

7. Guys, did you try scanning Windows OS? If not please perform the following:

1. Start your Windows virtual machine -> click on Start and type in the "Search" box "cmd" -> on the top of the list please right click on the "Command prompt" and choose run as administrator
    2. I he Command prompt window please type the following command:

sfc /scannow and hit Enter.

3. Once the system scanning finished please provide us with the results (make a screenshot of the Command Prompt message)
    4. Close Command Prompt. restart your VM and check the issue.

8. HaN3

HaN3 Bit poster

It says: "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations"

Attached Files:

9. ArndtB

ArndtB Bit poster

Maybe your Mincrosoft Windows -.NET-framework is corrupted, somehow damaged. So, if you are using a program like e.g. Citavi that needs access to the technological platform, try the following steps:

a) Repairing the .NET-Installation:
    Use the fix-it-tool of Microsoft:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

b) Let Windows search for corrupted system files:
    Type "cmd.exe" at the command prompt (push the Windows-Start Button first) and right-click it, so that you can run the program as admin. Then, type sfc.exe /scannow and confirm it (press enter). This starts a self-repairing process. Directly after that, look for Windows updates and install them:
    - Windows 10: press the "Start"-button, then go to the settings/preferences, updates and security, windows update, and choose the button to search for new updates.
    - Windows 8:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/de-de/windows-8/windows-update-faq
    - Windows 7:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/de-de/windows7/Install-Windows-updates

At the end, please reboot your computer.
    I hope, you're then all set.
    Good luck!