Windows for ARM - Printing from QuickBooks Desktop

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by RyanN13, Oct 24, 2023.

1. RyanN13

RyanN13 Bit poster

Hello Everyone,

I am running QuickBooks Desktop 2023 from within Windows 11, specifically an insider build. The specific build is escaping me at the moment but I can update this post if this is important information. I am running a 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max and I am experiencing delayed check printing that I never experienced on an Intel MacBook Pro with conventional 64 bit Windows installation through Parallels. The printer model is a Brother MFC-L8900CDW.

Effectively, 3 or 4 checks will print before there is a 30 or so second delay and then another 3-4 checks will print. This can really prolong the check printing process and I was wondering what steps you all might recommend to potentially troubleshoot or fix the issue. The printer is installed within Windows and is not being shared from the Mac side, although I can try this if it works with Windows for ARM (I wasn't sure if it would or not as I know there are limitations). I have tried connecting the printer via USB as well as over the network and the same delay between small batches of checks remain using either connection method. It almost seems as if the print spooler works differently than 32/64 bit conventional versions of windows and can only handle small batches of information at a time before it has to load again.

If I am missing any important information that can assist in troubleshooting, I will do my best to provide this. Thank you, all, very much for any help or suggestions that you can provide.

2. RyanN13

RyanN13 Bit poster

Just wanted to check in and see if anyone had any recommendations? I will try anything at this point. When printing several hundred checks, this delay every 3-4 checks is extremely frustrating and time consuming. Thank you so much for any suggestions!

3. johnh86

johnh86 Bit poster

make sure that your printer setting with QuickBooks desktop are correctly configured. verify the printer setting like paper size, print quality according to physical setting.