Windows is very sluggish

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by AlekseyM2, Dec 3, 2019.

1. AlekseyM2

AlekseyM2 Bit Poster

After the recent updates Windows guest OS became very sluggish. Sometimes I click Windows explorer and the explorer window will freeze for a few seconds. This is extremely annoying. I paid for the latest Parallels update, but it works very slow. Over the year Parallels is becoming less and less reliable. When I started using it in 2016, it worked almost like a native Windows, but now it freezes here and there.

2. AlekseyM2

AlekseyM2 Bit Poster

Often times when I select a number of files in a folder and try to delete then, the system shows "Unresponsive" message.

3. nanooq

nanooq Bit Poster

Welcome to the club...
    If you search through the forum (Windows Guest OS) you'll find lots of similar complaints since PD14. Look for "Windows slow" or "hangs". My W10 VM went from 30s boot time to approx. 5 mins. Apparently Parallels has no clue how to solve that, mostly just keeps you busy with "File a report" but nothing changes. I wouldn't spend a nickel on Parallels until there is proof that they can solve it.

4. AlekseyM2

AlekseyM2 Bit Poster

I am sorry, I do not have time to go over all topics. This problem did not happen before. I suspect that this has something to do with stricter access control on new macOS'es. My guess is that Parallels tries to get access to some data that is not accessible and gets stack in waiting. I wish I could fix this myself.