Workaround for High Sierra Beta 4 issue with shared settings?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Lee Clayton, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Lee Clayton

Lee Clayton Bit poster

I am running High Sierra macOS13 beta4 and have lost the ability to access internet via the parallel VM that is running Windows 7. I assume this is the the Shared services setting between Mac/Windows through Parallells. I am running the very latest Parallels official release Version 12.2.1 (41615). Anyone else having this issue and have a workaround solution? Any beta version past 4.16.15???

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

If you are using shared networking mode try changing it to bridged and check.

3. Lee Clayton

Lee Clayton Bit poster

I tried every source and every time I get a message saying network installation failed

4. JohanF

JohanF Bit poster

I have the same problem, using Windows 10. I get the message "Open the macOS System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General and click "Allow" next to the phrase about "Parallels, Inc.". Then restart Parallels Desktop from the /Applications folder. " , but when I go to Security and Privacy > General, there is no phrase about Parallels Inc and thus no box to check. I have lost access now to Parallels since the update High Sierra version 10.13 Beta (17A315i). What should I do? Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 13.11.17.png Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 13.11.17.png Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 13.25.16.png

5. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @JohanF,
    As macOS High Sierra is not officially released it is not supported by us. You can try disabling System Integrity Protection and check if you can use Parallels Desktop.
    Follow these steps to disable SIP:
    * Restart your Mac.
    * Before OS X starts up, hold down Command-R and keep it held down until you see an Apple icon and a progress bar. Release. This boots you into Recovery.
    * From the Utilities menu, select Terminal.
    * At the prompt type exactly the following and then press Return: csrutil disable
    * Terminal should display a message that SIP was disabled.
    * From the menu, select Restart.
    * You can re-enable SIP by following the above steps, but using csrutil enable instead.

6. JohanF

JohanF Bit poster

Indeed, this works. And hopefully the Parrellels update will come soon so I can revert back the SIP settings. Thx PaulChris.

7. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @JohanF Yes, we are closing working with Apple support. We will release the patch soon for this fix.

8. JohanF

JohanF Bit poster

Great. Thx. Highly appreciated.

9. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You can also check by disabling System Integrity Protection after High Sierra Beta 5 is available. Currently, High Sierra Beta 5 is available for developers.

10. AliceC1

AliceC1 Bit poster

Hello, guys. After reading the whole post, we can get solutions to deal with the trouble quickly and safely. Thanks for your nice sharing.

11. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @AliceC1 Thank you for actively participating. We are always here to help you.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  12. WalterB6

WalterB6 Bit poster

does it work without disabling csrutil now? can i reenable? or are we still waiting for updates?

13. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Yes, you can use Parallels Desktop 12 without disabling System Integrity Protection after installing High Sierra Beta 5 Update.