"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. MaherA

MaherA Bit poster

Hi there, I need someone to deactivate my copy of parallels 9 to move to a new computer, as soon as possible? I'm also getting the "activation limit reached".

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  2. Dishant@Parallels

Dishant@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello MaherA,
    Please check your private message and help us with the information so that we can check it for you.

3. ChristianS3

ChristianS3 Bit poster

Hi! I also need someone to deactivate my copy of Parallels 10 to move to a new computer. I'm also getting the "activation limit reached".

4. Dishant@Parallels

Hi Christian,
    Please check your private message and help us with the information.

5. TimG1

TimG1 Bit poster

Hi, Same problem here. I have a Parallels 9 an 10 License. I need to move my 9 License and habe the same problem here

6. Dishant@Parallels

Hello Tim,
    Please check your private message and help us with the information.

7. mc20

mc20 Bit poster

I recently replaced my old laptop with a new MacBook Pro and reinstalled Parallels on it. I received the same message and contacted Support who did something that allowed me to reuse my key on the new machine. However, I've got a problem with my new MacBook Pro and will be bringing it in to the Apple store. There's a chance that the entire thing will be replaced. Is there some way to deactivate the license on my current MacBook Pro so that I can use it again on the replacement? Because I recently contacted support, I'm not sure what response Parallels Support will provide in this situation.

8. Dishant@Parallels

Hi mc20,
    We understand the situation and we will surely assist you with it this time also. You can go ahead and get your new MacBook Pro fixed from Apple support and try to install Parallels Desktop in it after that. In case if you receive the same error message then please get back to us and we will be happy to help.

9. TimG1

TimG1 Bit poster

Hi there, i got a quick reply and Help concerning my Parallels 10, but that did not solve my issue.
    Ich have a Parallels 9 and a Parallels 10 key.
    The Parallels 10 Key is installed and working. The issue is my Parallels 9 Key which will not activate as described above.
    Please deactivate my Parallels 9 key so i can install

Thx in advance

10. Dishant@Parallels

Hi Tim,
    Thanks for getting back. Please check your private message. We have sent you a reply with reference to the activation of Parallels Desktop 9.

11. Bluekanoodle

Bluekanoodle Bit poster

I too am having this problem after using parallels on my backup laptop while my Mac was in the shop getting its logic board replaced. Now that I've got my main computer back, when trying to activate, I get this when trying to activate my copy of Parallels 10.

12. PolysC

PolysC Bit poster

I have Parallels 10. I removed it from an old computer and want to use it on a new computer. I am getting the message that I've reached the maximum number of activations for my license key. Could you please PM me and reset my license so I can use parallels on my new computer? I have also raised a support ticket yesterday and still waiting for a reply from that.

13. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi PolysC,
    Please check your private message and reply us.

14. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi Bluekanoodle,

15. jtenniswood

jtenniswood Bit poster

I'm having the same issue, just got a new laptop and now I can't activate parallels.
    Can someone help?
    Thanks

16. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi jtenneswood,

17. GualtieroF

GualtieroF Bit poster

Hello
    I replaced my old MBA and know after doing a clean install of all applications I cannot activate Parallels 10.
    Is there a chance to delete all activated Macs?
    Thanks a lot

18. @GualtieroF I've done it for you, please activate your Parallels Desktop once again.
    Also please check your inbox for more info.

19. Glhiii

Glhiii Bit poster

I bought a Macbook 2015 and wiped my old Macbook Pro 15" clean -- I also can't activate Parallels because of too many installations. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

20. JimmyO

JimmyO Bit poster

I have the same problem as well. I change Macs frequently and reinstall for testing a lot. Didn't realize there was a hard activation limit.