"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi David,

Please check your private message.

2. applerk

applerk Bit poster

I am migrating to a new computer and am having the same problem. Can someone help me deactivate the one I no longer need so I can use it on the new one?

3. Maheesh@Parallels

Hello applerk,

4. agarcia

agarcia Bit poster

Unable to de-activate old install and activate new install

We're using Parallels Desktop 9 Enterprise and want to remove Parallels from one of our machines and put it on another machine. I followed the directions to uninstall it on the old machine but when I install it on the new machine and try to activate it I get the following error:
    Unable to activate product.
    Your license has reached the activation limit. Please contact the Parallels support team for assistance.

Can someone tell me how I can de-activate the old install and activate the new install?

5. Maheesh@Parallels

Hello agarcia,

We have forward your request to our licensing team.

Our licensing team will be creating a new ticket for you and one of our engineers will be getting in touch with you shortly.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  6. SirPuttsAlot

SirPuttsAlot Bit poster

I just stumbled across this one. I my new MacBook Air died after 2 weeks, the apple store did a migration to my replacement via my TimeMachine Backup and boom, no parallels. Now I have a deadline to get work done and all my information is stranded in the PVM and I have nothing. I read through a good portion of this thread, has anyone found an actual fix? At least I found a nice link on how to import my PVM into Fusion. How does a company have an activation limit without the ability to deactivate a product?

7. DocFuzz

DocFuzz Bit poster

activation key

I could not install "Parallels Tools" and was directed to reinstall "Parallel Desktop 9" that exceeded my activation limit. Please reactivate my "activation code" so that I may install "Parallels Tools". Secondly, I have been a customer since Parallel 2 thur 9!!!!!!!!

Thank you,

David Gantt, Sr.

8. MasterLich

MasterLich Junior Member

Hi!
    Same issue here. Migrating to another mac, reached my activation limit. Any way to re-arm the counter?
    Why not provide a way to de-activate the product before removing it so people could manage this themselves?

9. Georgexia

Georgexia Bit poster

Hello,

I just changed my old 15'' macbook pro to a retina macbook pro. I uninstalled all my programs on the old hard disk and transferred the licenses to new macbook. Adobe software works well. Little snitch and Espionage works too. However, my parallels desktop 8 does not accept my register code. It reminds me the license reach the maximum. Anyone can help me how to transfer the license to my new macbook pro?
    Thanks.
    George

10. Tegumai

Tegumai Bit poster

I just bought a new macbook pro, replacing my old iMac. Now I am having this activation limit problem when attempting to install parallels 9. What can I do?

11. nethack

nethack Bit poster

I just purchased a new Macbook Pro and am getting ready to transfer Parallels Desktop to it before wiping the old machine. I've run into this issue before with my current Activation Key. What do I need to do to ensure I don't lose access to Parallels before transferring. It is critical.

Don Roberts
    roberts@refactory.com
    (User since the first version of Parallels)

P.S. Really don't like the activation restrictions. VMware has you guys beat on this one...

12. Maheesh@Parallels

Hello MasterLich,

13. Maheesh@Parallels

Hello Tegumai,

14. Maheesh@Parallels

Hello nethack,

We have sent you a private message. Please respond to us in the private message and we will assist you with the same.

15. Maheesh@Parallels

Hello Georgexia,

We have created a support ticket for you. One of our engineers will be getting in touch with you to assist you with this issue!

16. bwynants

bwynants Bit poster

Dear Parallels,

After moving computer a few time I want to install on a new computer and can not activate. Where can I manage what computer can use the licence?

Did not have a problem with 8.0 before?

Bert

17. petergol

petergol Bit poster

The macbook pro on which my licence of Parallels 9 was installed died. I bought a new imac and migrated the contents of my old macbook using migration assistant.
    When launching Parallels 9, I am told that I have reached the maximum activation limit.
    How can I reset my licence for my new computer?

Thanks.
    Peter

18. CassieG

CassieG Bit poster

I had to do a complete reinstall of my Mac's operating system over the weekend, and now Parallels is giving me an error message that I've "reached the activation limit" for my Parallels Desktop license. I'd appreciate your help resolving this problem.

19. egorFiNE

egorFiNE Bit poster

Same here. Upgraded to PD10 and got this message.

20. rmattern

rmattern Member

Deinstalled previous PD version and got lost with this activation problem !