"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. Please note, the Parallels End User License Agreement permits one copy of the software to be activated by a single license key on a single computer.
    If you have multiple license keys for the software, you may activate that number of copies of the software on the same corresponding number of computers as you have license keys.
    The Parallels End User License Agreement is available at: http://www.parallels.com/about/legal/eula/
    If you need to deactivate it on you old Mac and reactivate on the new one, please provide us with the license key (in private message).

2. AnthonyS4

AnthonyS4 Bit poster

It still will not take the reg key.
    what key and what version should I be using.

3. aced411

aced411 Bit poster

You guys (Parallels) seriously need to update Parallels to include the ability to deactivate. I shouldn't have to make support tickets just to move my license.

MaryW1 likes this.
  4. DonaldF1

DonaldF1 Bit poster

My leter to Parallels
    Hi,
    I have told you what I had and needed 2 computers as I have used for years one license !
    This time as I stated on my first post and in the forum, I barley use one of them and find no need to spend big money on this.
    If you do not want to change your policy , then I need to look into your competition that allows this and there fore will most likely need a refund

I have no idea when you changed but like I stated I used 2 computers in my name with your software for years!
    Please advise

VM Ware fusion
    License cost for 3 personal Macs $79.99

Like I said I love your software BUT not if you are going to nickel and dime us to death!!
    Change your policy or refund me PLEASE

5. norifumim

norifumim Bit poster

Hello
    I would like to move license from old MacBook to new Macbook.
    But I can not activate a new Macbook.
    Old Macbook I was uninstalled, but it seems they've still remains license.

6. BryanCar

BryanCar Bit poster

Having been completely frustrated by Parallels new licensing policy, I took advantage of VMWare's upgrade for Parallels users for $40 odd. Fusion installed perfectly - you are allowed to install on three machines (personal use). Works as advertised. One happy camper!

7. Thank you for your feedback. It will be shared with the development team.

8. Hi, we've reset it for your. Please check.

9. Dear all,
    The Parallels End User License Agreement permits one copy of the software to be activated by a single license key on a single computer.

If you have multiple license keys for the software, you may activate that number of copies of the software on the same corresponding number of computers as you have license keys.

The Parallels End User License Agreement is available at: http://www.parallels.com/about/legal/eula/

10. norifumim

norifumim Bit poster

Thanks,your support.

11. NikolayS1

NikolayS1 Bit poster

Same here, upgrading from an older Mac running 10.9 to a newer faster one running 10.10! Since our old version Parallels 9 was not supported by the new OS we upgraded it before migrating with migration assistant to avoid any issues migrating the virtual machine software and application! What a mistake! Now just a few days after purchasing a new Pro renewable license we are told that we have reached the limit!
    We followed the instructions for the removal of the old software! We downloaded and ran PDremove which was never able to finish! Than we uninstalled manually according to the instructions posted in support however nothing helped! We send an email to support but we have not received any answer yet nor an acknowledgement! Obviously if here we can see a five miles long forum posting which is over a year old means that Parallels doesn't care and has already reached it's highest point of development and from here just milking and carelessness like many other companies that we have seen come and go! It's a shame!

12. KwangsuC

KwangsuC Bit poster

I have the same problem.

I've just purchased two new Macs and wanted to install ver. 10 into them but got the license purchase msg. I removed the ver 10 from old macs, but still got the same msg. How can I solve the problem?

13. NikolayS1

NikolayS1 Bit poster

Please go to http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/support/ and scroll down to where it shows Contact Support then click on Show All and choose from all different forms of contacting support like Phone, Skype, Twitter or Chat! You may have to be loged in, not sure!
    We used chat and it took about few minutes for them to reset our license! We didn't see the phone number at first otherwise we would have called since phone support usually is more expensive and making them spend money on support will be the only way to push them to make license migration easier!

14. NicholasM

NicholasM Bit poster

I setup my Mac to dual boot Yosemite and El Capitan and somehow pissed off the Parallels Activation Server when I tried to activate again. The Parallels Activation server is pissed, and I'm also pissed and requested a refund. I hope their activation server isn't in charge of the sales because pretty soon there going to need to updated it to start giving out refunds instead of activations.

I'm sitting out this release of PD11 and going for VMWare for the year. I hope next year when they are marketing the new features for PD12, they list 700% faster, opens documents 900% quicker, now makes breakfast, lunch and dinner! ... somewhere in the list they also include 'supports 2x more activations for paying customers!'.

15. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

@KwangsuC Please check your private message and reply us.

16. vulpecula

vulpecula Bit poster

I have the same problem. Do I have to wait for a message from support as the others?

Greetings vulpecula.

17. AndrewW5

AndrewW5 Bit poster

Hello,

I just purchased a new laptop and need to transfer my license. I wiped my old laptop. I do not have a support code and I cannot activate the software so I can't submit a support ticket. Can you assist?

Thanks.

18. vulpecula

vulpecula Bit poster

Hello Andrew,

I called the support hotline. The number you find on the support page. I don't know, if you need the American or international number. They linked me to the technical support, where they deactivate and reactivate my key. Now it works fine.

19. Hi, we've deactivated it for you, please check.

20. BillJ1

BillJ1 Bit poster

I seem to be in a similar situation to all these people.
    On 8/19/15, I purchased "Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition Upgrade". I've been running a Windows 10 VM, no problem. Yesterday, I replaced my Macbook Pro and restored my Time Machine backup to the new laptop. The first time I launched Parallels, I saw an alert that an update to Parallels 11 was available, so I allowed it to download and install. Then, I was presented with an "Activate Parallels Desktop" dialog... since I had purchased an annual subscription, I thought asking me again for my key was rather rude, since I had already registered and activated the key. But I entered the key as requested, then saw an alert that told me my product license had reached its activation limit. Come on guys!! Help me get up and running on my new mac, please!

--Bill