Chrome, Sublime text flickering/not rendering

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by BruceC4, Feb 27, 2017.

1. BruceC4

BruceC4 Bit poster

I have a retina macbook, running MacOS, parallels 12, with a VM with Yosemite and another testing with a VM with Sierra. Both have the same issue that for at least Chrome and Sublime Text that the apps are GUI flickering and not rendering properly, basically I can't see the page at all.

I've tried resizing the actual windows, changing all the virtual machine settings, like the different view mode retina settings such as Best for display, gone full scree, coherence, back to window etc. I have also reinstalled parallel tools. Graphics is set to 512MB

Basically nothing seems to work, can you advise as it's unusable for me as Chrome is a big reason why I need to use it?

Attached Files:

2. rkulikov

rkulikov Parallels Developers

Does the issue reproduce if you remove Parallels Tools from guest?

3. Travis_Metcalf

Travis_Metcalf Bit poster

I am having similar issues running a macOS sierra guess VM on macOS sierra host. Chrome, 1Password, etc... flicker and don't render properly.

4. mcgroarty

mcgroarty Member

Did you ever find a workaround for this? I'm experiencing the same issue.

Edit: The workaround for Chrome https://forum.parallels.com/threads...any-pages-in-sierra.338737/page-2#post-824655

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  5. BruceC4

BruceC4 Bit poster

Yes it is the same, all chrome pages dont' display, they are jut completely white

6. petemill

petemill Junior Member

The answer, for Chrome and all Chromium based apps at least, is to disable hardware accelerated rendering at chrome://settings/system