Parallels desktop 10: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by George Fidias, Dec 28, 2014.

1. TomG6

TomG6 Bit poster

I'm trying to activate Parallels 10 on my new MacBook Pro after removing it from my previous MacBook Air, but I received the maximum number of activations error. Please kindly reset my license? Thanks in advance!

2. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello Tom, we have request for few information. Please check your private message and respond.

3. TomG6

TomG6 Bit poster

How do I check my private messages so I can respond?

4. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

As we discussed in the private message you were able to activate Parallels Desktop now.
    Please feel free to reach us anytime for support.

5. TomG6

TomG6 Bit poster

How can I check my private messages??? I have searched high and low and don't see any private message conversations.
    Please help asap, as I need to reinstall Windows in Parallels on my new Mac.

6. Hi, I've sent you a private message again, please check it.
    Also please try this KB article for the reactivation

7. DanielF2

DanielF2 Bit poster

I am having the same issue with Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac. Moved to a new Mac and now the activation won't work. Very frustrating!
    I like Parallels but this makes it really feel like a scam to trick users into buying the latest version. That's not how you treat your loyal customers!

8. @DanielF2, we have a politic: 1 license for 1 Mac. If you would like to move your Parallels Desktop license from 1 Mac to another, please check this KB for more information.

9. DanielF2

DanielF2 Bit poster

I followed the instructions but it still wouldn't let me activate on my new mac, instead referring me to the EULA.
    Is there a limit to how often you can transfer a license? If so, what is this limit, because I couldn't find it in the EULA.

10. There is no limits for the license transferring. We will send a private message to you, please reply us with your license key.

11. Lubiano

Lubiano Bit poster

Hi, I've have the same problem, no way to activate the PD 10 on the new MBP after deactivated and uninstalled PD 10 on the old mac book. Thanks in advance

PS I see that we are many having the same issue...why don't you publish a common solutions? we are all using your app to work...and we have to loose time waiting for a solution. YOUR PROCEDURE DOESN'T WORK AT ALL!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

13. MichaelR20

MichaelR20 Bit poster

I'm trying to activate Parallels 10 on my new MacBook Pro (my previous MacBook Pro is unusable), but I received the maximum number of activations error. Can someone please reset my license? Thank you in advance for your time!

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

15. GabrielG1

GabrielG1 Bit poster

Hello,
    I am trying to deactivate Parallels 10 as well. Can you deactivate my prior version so I can reinstall on a new Mac?
    Thank you

16. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Are you trying to move your Parallels 10 license to a new Mac?

17. GabrielG1

GabrielG1 Bit poster

Yes

18. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

19. GabrielG1

GabrielG1 Bit poster

That worked, thank you.

20. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are happy to hear that. Feel free to reach out any time for support.