How can I deactivate my Parallels Desktop 10 license

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AleksandrV, Apr 29, 2017.

1. AleksandrV

AleksandrV Bit poster

I am trying to move parallels to a new computer. But when I enter activation code I got this error

Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license.

How can I deactivate my Parallels Desktop 10 license on my old mac?

Thanks
    Alex

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hello AleksandrV,
    We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

3. AleksandrV

AleksandrV Bit poster

Thanks, it helped

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad that we are able to assist you in resolving the issue. If you have any more questions, feel free to reach out.

5. ShirleyT1

ShirleyT1 Bit poster

I have similar problem here. My MAC crushed, and I reinstalled it use backup, Parallels asks activation, but when I entered the activation key, got this error
    Your product activation key reached its activation limit and cannot be used to activate Parallels desktop, Please use a valid key or contact the Parallels team for assistance.
    This activation key was on this computer before computer crushed, would you please help me for this.
    Thanks,
    Shirley

6. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello Shirley, we have reset Parallels Desktop license key. Please activate it once again and keep us posted.

7. ShirleyT1

ShirleyT1 Bit poster

It is working, thanks

EllisR likes this.
  8. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

That's great! Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help!

9. MohamadA

MohamadA Bit poster

Same problem here for Parallels Desktop 9 for mac, My PC is dead and got a new one, upon Time machine restore i had the same message, there is no way I can deactivate the old one as there is no PC!!

10. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @MohamadA, we have reset Parallels Desktop license key. Please activate it once again and keep us posted.

11. donmck

donmck Bit poster

I have exactly the same problem. I migrated my software from my 2009 iMac to my new iMac and now I get the above message about maximum number of activations.

12. GailS

GailS Bit poster

I am trying to move parallels to a new computer. But when I enter activation code I got this error

Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license.

How can I deactivate my Parallels Desktop 10 license on my old mac?

Thanks

13. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

14. GailS

GailS Bit poster

Thanks that did the trick!!!

15. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

16. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Glad to hear that! Feel free to reach us anytime for support.

17. MattB7

MattB7 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue. Got a new Mac, restored from old Mac and now it won't let me activate. I already wiped the old Mac before I discovered this.

Resetting the activation key will work fine for me.

18. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Try activating again and check.

19. MattB7

MattB7 Bit poster

perfect, it worked. thanks.

20. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Glad to know that. You're welcome. Please get back to us for any further queries.