"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. Danil@Parallels

Danil@Parallels Staff Member

Hi Robbertv1, I have sent you a personal message, please respond so we can help you.

2. JaleelB1

JaleelB1 Bit poster

I'll just add my name to the list. I don't have the latest Parallels, but I need files from my existing setup and I now can't use it despite having purchased an activation key. How do I uninstall and reinstall?
    UPDATE: So I read the KB, found my licenses.xml file and deleted all instances in my main and backup drives, including the license backup files. Apparently, Parallels also stores these license files somewhere other than these locations, and under a different name, because even after zipping the app out of existence and all preference files, removing the licenses, and reinstalling from scratch, AND not going online, it STILL says I reached my activation limit. This is not right.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  3. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have checked your account under "ser***@focusattack.com" but only found Parallels Desktop 7 license. You can share your activation key or registered email in a private message to check and assist.

4. Young

Young Bit poster

Hello, I have an old Parallels 11 license that hasn't been used for months, and I now would like to use it on my "new" used machine, and I get this message saying that I am over the activation limit. Looks like you are sending private messages to people asking about this. I too need some help here.

5. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @YoungJ , we have made few changes in the key settings. Please restart Parallels Desktop to reactivate with the same key. Thanks!

6. RenzoV

RenzoV Bit poster

Hi, I am trying to move Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac to a new MacBook and I am getting the "activation key limit" message.
    There seems to be a fix for this problem but so far I haven't had much luck. I would appreciate any help.

7. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @RenzoV , we have made the necessary changes.
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop.
    2. Open Terminal (Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app)
    3. Execute the command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

8. RenzoV

RenzoV Bit poster

Hi Arun,
    When I execute the command in Terminal, I get " -bash: prlsrvctl: command not found".
    And, should I be executing it on the new computer/Parallels 10 installation?
    Regards,
    Renzo

9. RenzoV

RenzoV Bit poster

Hi,
    I am still trying to move Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac to a new MacBook and I am getting the "activation key limit" message.
    When I execute the terminal command "prlsrvctl activate-license-online" , I get " -bash: prlsrvctl: command not found".

Why is the command prlsrvctl missing?

10. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

1. Please quit Parallels Desktop for Mac.
    2.Open terminal and Execute sudo rm -rf /Library/Preferences/Parallels/licenses.xml
    3. Restart your Mac.
    4. Start Parallels Desktop for Mac and go to Parallels Desktop> Activate Product in the Mac menu.Thanks!

11. RogerT2

RogerT2 Bit poster

Hi,
    I am in need of assistance as well in regards to activating a corporate license key to use Parallel's Desktop 13 for Mac. Receiving the same "activation key limit" message. I would appreciate any help and look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

12. RenzoV

RenzoV Bit poster

Problem solved. Thank you.

13. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

You're welcome. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!

14. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

To manage Parallels Desktop Bussiness license, please follow as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/122802 and check if this works. Thanks!

15. JoelC6

JoelC6 Bit poster

My computer stopped working and now when activating parallels on my new machine, I get the message that says:
    "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."
    I've tried removing the licenses .xml file and prlsrvctl deactivate-license but neither works.
    A private message to help resolve this would be very much appreciated - thank you.

16. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @JoelC6, we have made few changes in the key settings. Please restart Parallels Desktop to reactivate with the same key. Thanks!

17. FranciscoN1

FranciscoN1 Bit poster

Hello.
    Same problem with my Parallels Desktop 11 license (I just switched computers with a time machine restore). Any help?
    Thank you.

18. AndreasL8

AndreasL8 Bit poster

Hello, I have the same problem: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."
    I do this:
    1. Please quit Parallels Desktop for Mac.
    2.Open terminal and Execute sudo rm -rf /Library/Preferences/Parallels/licenses.xml
    3. Restart your Mac.
    4. Start Parallels Desktop for Mac and go to Parallels Desktop> Activate Product in the Mac menu.Thanks!

But not works. What can I do? Thanks

19. Arun@Parallels

Hi @FranciscoN1 , we have made the changes, please try to activate now and let us know if that works.

20. Arun@Parallels

Hi @AndreasL8 , we have made the changes. Please try to activate now and check if that works.