Boot Camp Error on Creation: Error: PRL_ERR_INVALID_ARG (0x80000003)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by StefanK11, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Martijnv4

Martijnv4 Bit poster

Thanks Alfena, but I was already running the latest version (43108) and it doesn't help, unless an update will be rolled out today?

2. SanjayP1

SanjayP1 Bit poster

Unfortunately not the case Alfena. I'm running the latest version of Parallels and still get the error. I've also just checked to see if there is a new update today and nothing so far. Do you know if there is another update coming?

I have been speaking with Parallels support on Facebook Messenger and he (Hamneth) has passed it to the internal team on Sunday and i'm waiting for a reply from him.

If you could look into this further and report back, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

3. d.b

d.b Bit poster

Yes, I too, spent $$$ on the latest version and it did not correct this error

4. GarethD2

GarethD2 Bit poster

Thanks for the update,

I have the same as Martijnv4 I was already running the latest unless there is a newer build that 43108 that is not up yet.

5. SanjayP1

SanjayP1 Bit poster

For those having this issue, no solution yet but i've raised it with the support team and got this response today via email:

Hello Sanjay,

Thank you for contacting Parallels Support.

Based on our conversation, I understand that you are unable to start Boot Camp based virtual machine .

Thank you for your patience and cooperation while we are working on the resolution.

Together we have tried to resolve the issue using a number of possible troubleshooting steps, however were not able to succeed yet.

Since the issue requires a deeper investigation, I am passing your ticket to our next level of support who will follow up with you on your request directly.

Thanks,

--

Alfena Moses
    Customer Support

|| Parallels
    Knowledge base: http://kb.parallels.com
    Follow us on Twitter: @ParallelsCares

Fingers crossed for an update soon!

6. DennisM5

DennisM5 Junior Member

I have the same problem. My boot camp is now completely unusable. I am on the latest build. I even removed the Boot Camp VM and tried to re-add it with the same exact error.
    PRL_ERR_INVALID_ARG

7. GarethD2

GarethD2 Bit poster

I got the same thing on messenger.

still waiting for more details

8. sidneysch

sidneysch Bit poster

The error occurs especially after the last update

9. StuartJ1

StuartJ1 Bit poster

I'm getting this error as well. Parallels has been unusable to me for some time. I've been afflicted by a blue screen loop from 13 onward, so I uninstalled Parallels, wiped the registry entries for Parallels on my Windows machine, recreated my virtual machine, and nothing... With the update to High Sierra I couldn't even see the bootcamp partition in Parallels anymore, even though I could mount it and access files otherwise.

With the update to 13.1, I finally could see my Bootcamp partition again and it even came up with the installation assistant! Great! But then I'm getting the same error as everyone else now.

Error: PRL_ERR_INVALID_ARG (0x80000003)​

Path: '/Users/me/Parallels/My Boot Camp.pvm/APPLE SSD SM0512G (disk0).hdd'​

Look, this is getting ridiculous. I know others at my company are having similar issues and have been for some time now. We'd really like a fix that doesn't involve wiping all of our machines and praying that things work on reinstallation, because it's a massive pain and waste of time if it doesn't work.

10. UNEXO

UNEXO Bit poster

STOP EVERYTHING... Are your bootcamp machines on a domain? I was having this issue, so I rebuilt my bootcamp from scratch and then did NOT add it to the domain, and this error went away.

11. StuartJ1

StuartJ1 Bit poster

Our machines are on a company domain, yes. Hmm...

Both the Mac and Windows 10 Bootcamp partitions are employee profiles controlled by our company. Same login, username, domain, etc.

12. d.b

d.b Bit poster

I got this from the Company yesterday:

"Hello Bruce,

The issue is handled by the Second line Technical Support now.

Due to the complexity of the issue, it is now investigated along with our Development Team in the internal case. They are continually working on the cases escalated by the Support Team, however, do not share an ETA required for a fix.

At this point we need to mark this ticket as 'Resolved'. Don't worry, it doesn't mean the issue itself was resolved and we forget about you, no. This way we avoid ticket duplication which may increase the time required for a fix. It usually takes time to go into a complicated virtualization software. Yet, we will do our best to find a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. We will get back to you as soon as we have an update.

Best regards,
    --
    Vasily Tatarchenko
    Customer Support Engineer
    ||Parallels"

13. Martijnv4

Martijnv4 Bit poster

I am not on a domain, but still have this issue, so I don't think that solves it unfortunately.

14. Artem Klimkin

Artem Klimkin Member

Hi.
    Please, send us problem report(s), and post report IDs here, this will help us to find the solution faster.
    how-to send problem report see here http://kb.parallels.com/9058

sidneysch likes this.
  15. KrzysztofK1

KrzysztofK1 Bit poster

In my case report ID is: 218524534

16. DennisM5

DennisM5 Junior Member

Report ID 218532473

17. RogerB4

RogerB4 Bit poster

Report ID 218533431

18. Artem Klimkin

Artem Klimkin Member

Thank you !

19. RogerB4

RogerB4 Bit poster

My pleasure. It seems like there might be a simple error in parsing the path based on the error. Hopefully quick and easy fix to get us back in business.

20. ChiouM

ChiouM Bit poster

my Report ID:218604009