macOS 10.13 high Sierra Support

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by HeikoG1, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @BlairC1 , we are aware of this issue and we are working on it. Please subscribe to this article to get notified by our updates .

2. KennethL4

KennethL4 Bit poster

I was patient with Parallels to fix their Boot Camp problem with PD13 and High Sierra even though they publicly announce that their new PD13 supports the new OS and having the opportunity to ensure it will fully work long before High Sierra was officially released. But given how they response the other customers in the forum (or the lack of) and slow action to solve this issue, I was now more keen to switch to VMWare Fusion 10 and even though VMware just released their Fusion 10 yesterday, at least they make it a point to make sure loading bootcamp will work.

Parallels Desktop 13 = Released on August 22 = until now, still cannot create bootcamp VM
    VMWare Fusion 10 = Released September 29 = can create new bootcamp VM

I was a loyal Parallels user since Parallels 7 but seems Parallels are showing significant cracks in the quality of their product.

3. Killerbob

Killerbob Member

I agree with you KennethL4.

Check this thread, I have been reporting errors for the last month (or more), all throughout the testing periode of HS.

4. SuriyaL

SuriyaL Bit poster

Hi,
    I still use Parallel Desktop 11 (with latest update) and want to install MacOS high sierra. Will there be any issue?

5. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @SuriyaL, Parallels Desktop 11 does not support macOS Sierra as a guest operating system. Please upgrade to Parallels Desktop 13 to make use of it.

6. SuriyaL

SuriyaL Bit poster

Sorry I did not make it clear.
    I'm using MacBook Pro and use MacOS Sierra as Host. And I use PD11 in order to run Window 7 for certain Window Apps on the MacBook.
    Then I want to upgrade my MacOS to MacOS High Sierra... My question,.... Will there be any issue launching PD11 on the MacOS High Sierra? I want to be certain before upgrading MacOS..
    thanks you.
    Suriya

7. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @SuriyaL, Parallels Desktop 11 is not compatible with Mac OS High Sierra hence it will not work. we would recommend you to upgrade to Parallels Desktop 13 which is compatible with Mac OS High Sierra.
    Thanks

8. UgB

UgB Bit poster

Hi @Alfena@Parallels, Is there a plan to have PD12 support High Sierra? I use PD12 to open my win 10 bootcamp.

9. PaulChristopher@Parallels

10. jcjost

jcjost Junior Member

I'm a bit confused. Does Parallels 12 work with High Sierra? I currently have PD 12 installed on my iMac and have both Windows XP and Windows 10 virtual machines. I do not use boot camp. --John

11. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @jcjost, Parallels Desktop 12 is compatible with Mac OS High Sierra.
    Thanks

12. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @SuriyaL, we received your Support Request #2455899. Please note that Parallels Desktop 11 only partially support working in macOS High Sierra environment due to technical reasons and the following issues can occur:
    1. Inability to create a virtual machine with High Sierra guest OS
    2. Issues with creating a Boot Camp based virtual machine
    3. Graphics artifacts
    4. Coherence windows might appear under macOS ones
    5. Issues with starting a virtual machine and shared applications
    To avoid these issues we recommend to upgrade to Parallels Desktop 13 or higher. Thanks!

13. UgB

UgB Bit poster

Does this mean I can open my bootcamp on pd12? I just tried and it still give me this error.
    Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 6.13.09 PM.png

Is this error just me or is it an issue on pd12?

14. JozefL

JozefL Bit poster

So, any news on this? The last PD12 release was in june. I really like to keep myself on a 2 year upgrade cycle but if this is not resolved I won't be moving to 14 for sure.

15. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @JozefL As od now, we do not have any exact ETA for the updates of Parallels Desktop 12. Please subscribe our newsletter for further update.

16. JozefL

JozefL Bit poster

Thank you but no. I suppose I will see the update notification when it is fixed. I really hope this will get fixed eventually because I do like the software very much. Sadly, I can't use it the way I need to at the moment. Luckily I do have a "normal" virtual machine that I can use as a crummy workaround.

17. UgB

UgB Bit poster

i guess 12 is dead. 13 is the way to go.

18. JozefL

JozefL Bit poster

Well, it seems that one of the macOS updates actually made this work again. I hope it will last.

19. BlairC1

BlairC1 Bit poster

I was able to get mine working using the following:
    • Restart Mac in recovery mode (Cmd+R)
    • When in recovery mode, disable system integrity protection (run 'csrutil disable' in recovery mode through the Terminal application)
    • Reboot to normal mode
    • Run Parallels Desktop to create new Bootcamp VM
    • Restart back in recovery mode
    • When in recovery mode, enable system integrity protection (run 'csrutil enable' in recovery mode through the Terminal application)
    • Reboot to normal mode and it should work

20. FaisalI1

FaisalI1 Bit poster

I don't find anything to do with Parallels in Security and Privacy. The "allow" area only talks about allowing other programs than Apple programs.

Attached Files: