"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

You're welcome. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!

2. A.M

A.M Bit poster

Hi, I have two active licenses. I only want one of them deactivated to allow for moving the lincese to another (newer) macbook.
    This is for a parallels 10 desktop install. please assist in deactivating the license .
    -thanks

3. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello A.M, please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation. Thanks!

4. A.M

A.M Bit poster

Awesome, thank you!

5. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

You're welcome. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!

6. jo_3

jo_3 Bit poster

Hey, I'm having the same issue migrating. Logged out and everything on old machine. Please reset.

This sucks.

7. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @jo_3 We have made the necessary changes, please try to activate now. Thanks, Shathish

8. Hasle

Hasle Bit poster

With Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac in French ""Your product license has reached the activation limit.""
    Why ? I bought Parallels 3, 4, 5, 6, 11, it's too mutch, too expensive when you don't like Windows.
    Parallels said it's a permanent license ! True ?

" Impossible de confirmer la licence du produit. "
    " Vous avez atteint le nombre maximum d'activations disponibles pour votre clé d'activation (http://www.parallels.com/fr/eula). Veuillez acheter une nouvelle licence de produit. "

9. prashantm1

prashantm1 Bit poster

I also am having this activation limit problem when attempting to install parallels.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  10. NicholasL3

NicholasL3 Bit poster

Hi I am having this same issue. I had an older MacBook Pro in which the logic board failed and I didn't have the opportunity to sign out.

11. IngoS1

IngoS1 Bit poster

hi, where is to desactivate a computer to use parallels desktop on another machine, i have several machines but only one license hence want to change that.
    once it was working by quitting the app and/or switching off a machine but no it seems not to work like that anymore
    any help will be appreciated, preferredly over email, thanks

kind regards

ingo

12. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @Hasle, we have made few changes to the key settings. Please restart Parallels Desktop to reactivate the same key. Thanks!

13. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @prashantm1, we have sent a private message. Please check and reply to us and we will help you in the activation limit!

14. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @NicholasL3, we've made the necessary changes, it should work now!

15. parallelso

parallelso Junior Member

I have been changing setups and need to have the activation count reset again. This is for Parallels Desktop 8.

History summary: My original laptop started malfunctioning, i then replaced it with a similar used laptop. I then upgraded to a faster used laptop. That laptop had issues so i have replaced it with another used laptop. I need the activation count reset for this latest laptop. Hopefully this is the last time i will need to change laptops for a while. Thank you

16. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @parallelso , we have made the changes. Please try to activate it now.

17. iciconnect

iciconnect Member

I now have a Mac Pro that I will be using until I or it dies. Could I please have access to my Parallels 11 Lease Key so that I could run Parallels on it. Right now it's says I need to purchase another but I have no other machine that I own. Nor was it left on any machine I leased. Your help greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2018
  18. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Bruce_Hooper. We have made some changes to the license key. Please quit Parallels Desktop now, launch it again and re-attempt the activation.

19. ChrisN5

ChrisN5 Bit poster

Hello!
    I recently had my logic board replaced on my MacBook Pro and I cannot access Parallels 10. It says the maximum number of activations has been reached. This is the only computer that has Parallels and need access to quickbooks. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

20. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello ChrisN5, please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation. Thanks!