How do I deactivate a Parallels 10 license to move it to a new Mac?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Eric-SvenV, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Eric-SvenV

Eric-SvenV Bit poster

Hi,

I hope the title says it all: How do I deactivate a Parallels 10 license to move it to a new Mac?

Kind regards

Eric

AmitK8 likes this.
  2. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello Eric-SvenV, we have made few changes in the key settings. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.Thanks!

AmitK8 likes this.
  3. ArndG1

ArndG1 Bit poster

Hello!
    I have the same problem, but the solution you wrote above didn't work for me. :-(
    Are there other solutions?
    Regards, Arnd

4. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello ArndG1, we have made few changes in the key settings. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.Thanks!

5. RadekM1

RadekM1 Bit poster

Hi, I have same problem and "Terminal solution" didn't work for me :(
    Please help!
    Regards, Radek

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

7. RadekM1

RadekM1 Bit poster

Works perfectly! Thank you! :)

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are happy to hear that. Feel free to reach out to us anytime.

9. ggascoigne

ggascoigne Member

Sorry to resurrect this topic but I'm in the same boat. There doesn't appear to be a way to deactivate a Parallels 10 license. Can you help?

10. ArndG1

ArndG1 Bit poster

#metoo ;)

11. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello ggascoigne, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

12. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello ArndG1, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

13. ArndG1

ArndG1 Bit poster

Thx, the Terminal-Solution worked for me! :)

14. You are welcome. Nice to know that it works now. Post again for additional queries.

15. DesB

DesB Bit poster

Hi, again sorry for dragging this out. I am trying to deactivate Parallels 10 on an old Mac to transfer it to a new unit. I cant find the deactivation option and the terminal entry solution isn't working on my new mac. Help please

16. Hi, your key has been reset, please try to activate it again

17. Q._

Q._ Bit poster

Hi, again sorry for dragging this out. I am trying to deactivate Parallels 10 on an old Macbook to transfer it to a new MacBook Air . I cant find the deactivation option and the terminal entry solution isn't working on my new mac. Help please

18. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

19. PeterC31

PeterC31 Bit poster

Same situation for me. Can't find a way to deactivate a version 10 license on my current mac.

20. Hey, your key's settings has been changed. Please try to activate it again and check.