How do I deactivate a Parallels 10 license to move it to a new Mac?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by Eric-SvenV, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Eric-SvenV

Eric-SvenV Bit Poster

Hi,

I hope the title says it all: How do I deactivate a Parallels 10 license to move it to a new Mac?

Kind regards

Eric

2. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Kilo Poster

Hello Eric-SvenV, we have made few changes in the key settings. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.Thanks!

3. ArndG1

ArndG1 Bit Poster

Hello!
    I have the same problem, but the solution you wrote above didn't work for me. :-(
    Are there other solutions?
    Regards, Arnd

4. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Kilo Poster

Hello ArndG1, we have made few changes in the key settings. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.Thanks!

5. RadekM1

RadekM1 Bit Poster

Hi, I have same problem and "Terminal solution" didn't work for me :(
    Please help!
    Regards, Radek

6. Ajith@Parallels

Ajith@Parallels Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

7. RadekM1

RadekM1 Bit Poster

Works perfectly! Thank you! :)

8. Ajith@Parallels

Ajith@Parallels Parallels Support

We are happy to hear that. Feel free to reach out to us anytime.

9. ggascoigne

ggascoigne Kilo Poster

Sorry to resurrect this topic but I'm in the same boat. There doesn't appear to be a way to deactivate a Parallels 10 license. Can you help?

10. ArndG1

ArndG1 Bit Poster

#metoo ;)

11. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels Staff Member

Hello ggascoigne, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

12. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels Staff Member

Hello ArndG1, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

13. ArndG1

ArndG1 Bit Poster

Thx, the Terminal-Solution worked for me! :)

14. Sathiya@Parallels

Sathiya@Parallels Staff Member

You are welcome. Nice to know that it works now. Post again for additional queries.