Need to transfer Parallels license to new Mac

Discussion in 'Licensing and Activation' started by GenevieveC, Aug 2, 2018.

1. GenevieveC

GenevieveC Bit poster

I've wiped my old machine which had my Parallels license. When I try to acticate the license on the new machine, I get the following message:
    "Your product license has reached the activation limit."

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello GenevieveC, Please check our private conversation.

3. GabrielH1

GabrielH1 Bit poster

I, likewise am facing the same problem. Migrated from my old iMac to a new MacBook Pro, and get the following error when trying to activate (note, I did deactivate the license on the old machine, too). "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."

4. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello GabrielH1, We have made the necessary changes for the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

5. GabrielH1

GabrielH1 Bit poster

Thanks, that worked!

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that. Feel free to reach out to us anytime for support.

7. CharlesK5

CharlesK5 Bit poster

I also need to transfer my parallels 10 license to a new Mac. It says I have reached the max number of activations.

8. BillyO

BillyO Bit poster

Same issue here with my Parallels 11 license. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Signed out on the old Mac and uninstalled per the instructions, but it still says it can't confirm that the license is deactivated.

9. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello BillyO, We have made the necessary changes for the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

10. CharlesK5

CharlesK5 Bit poster

Any chance I can get help to transfer my license as well? I posted above.

11. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello CharlesK5, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

12. CharlesK5

CharlesK5 Bit poster

That did not work. Running prlsrvctl activate-license-online gives the the error: "Failed to activate the license: Operation timeout. The operation could not be completed due to a timeout."

13. TomiyasuS

TomiyasuS Bit poster

I have several license as well and am having same issue terminal telling me this. How do I transfer?
    Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license.

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Let us know the Parallels Desktop version you are trying to activate and macOS X version to check and assist.

15. TomiyasuS

TomiyasuS Bit poster

The parallels version I am trying to install is Parallels desktop 9 for Mac. I have 2 licenses, but both of them tells me I can not activate. I use OSX Yosemite 10.10.5. Your help is greatly appreciated.

16. Hello, we've reset your keys, please check the issue and let us know the results.

17. TomiyasuS

TomiyasuS Bit poster

I could finally get this software working again on my old Mac. Thank you!

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  18. RussellS6

RussellS6 Bit poster

Please reset my key. I already deleted parallels from my old mac and unable to activate on new mac.

19. Hello, we've reset your Parallels Desktop 14 license key.
    Please check the issue.

20. Abhishek5

Abhishek5 Bit poster

I shifted to a new mac and deleted the parallels from my older mac. However I keep getting error
    "This license is already used to activate Parallels Desktop on another Mac. To activate Parallels Desktop on this Mac, it is recommended that you purchase a new license."
    When I select "Activate on this Mac". I get following error :
    This license key is associated with another Parallels account. Please sign in using this account and try again. The same license was working on the older laptop.