Purchased Student Edition two months ago, updated to ver14, now trial's ended, they want money again

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DamonB1, Sep 12, 2018.

1. DamonB1

DamonB1 Bit poster

I bought the Student Edition of Parellels two months ago, not sure what version number it technically was, and a couple weeks ago I got a message saying there's an update/upgrade available so I went ahead and installed it. Turns out it was an upgrade to a trial version of 14 (which was not very clear at all when I upgraded) and now it's ended. There are various options I have to pay for the upgrade but even that's not clear as far as what I do and don't qualify for. A new license is $79, and an upgrade is $49, but the upgrade is only good for version 12+ and I see nothing that indicates what version number I purchased and if what I paid for is eligible for this $49 upgrade.

If I pay the $49 will my copy be upgraded to version 14? Is there an easy way of downgrading back to what I had without going through the pain of re-downloading/reinstalling everything? What are my options here? It's pretty bad how they communicate any of these things, to be honest. Their customer support isn't very good either, I tried using their support messaging service on Facebook Messenger and no one responds.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  2. DamonB1

DamonB1 Bit poster

Discovered that I can just run the original Parallels installer and it'll overwrite the new Parallels version without having to blow away my Windows and apps, so there's that.

3. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello DamonB1. Apologies for the delayed response.
    Correct.
    Yes, there is. We just need to download the previous version from the corresponding direct download link.