"you have entered an upgrade key. please conform it with a key from previous version"

Discussion in 'Licensing and Activation' started by BaraaA, Oct 5, 2018.

1. BaraaA

BaraaA Bit poster

I just have downloaded the free version of parallels desktop 14, then I decided to buy parallels desktop 14 instead the free trial version. After I bought a update version to parallels desktop 14 and entered the upgraded key, I received a message says "you have entered an upgraded key. Please confirm it with the key from the previous version". I don't know how to get my previous version key.

2. Hi BaraaA. Are you purchasing Parallels Desktop for the first time or have you purchased and used any other previous versions of Parallels Desktop for Mac?

3. BaraaA

BaraaA Bit poster

No I'm purchasing for the first time. I only download the free trial version of parallels desktop 14 then I purchased for the first time as an upgrade.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Unfortunately, you cannot use an upgrade key without having a valid previous key. Please confirm if we can process a refund for the upgrade.

5. BaraaA

BaraaA Bit poster

I do confirm the refund. So do you recommend to buy the full version of parallels instead upgrading? I just don't want to do the same mistake again.

6. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello BaraaA, We have processed the refund. Refunds take five to seven business days to appear on your account. You are right,kindly purchase Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac full version and install it directly.

7. Maximiliano1

Maximiliano1 Bit poster

Hello, I also this issue. Im not able to enter a key as I had the free trial. How can I get a refund?

8. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

Hello, If it is your first time you need to purchase a new license. You need the previous version license key to activate the upgrade license key. Please provide the order reference number or the email address so we can refund the upgrade order and then you can purchase the full new license. Thanks, Parallels Team.

9. NoahB3

NoahB3 Bit poster

I would like a refund because I'm having the same issue.

10. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, we have sent you a private message. Kindly help us with your purchased reference number over there.

11. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi @Maximiliano1 , we have deleted your post as it contains your personal details. We have sent you a private message, please help us with your purchased reference number over there for refund. Kindly do not share any personal details over a public forum due to security purpose.

12. Alexey11

Alexey11 Bit poster

Hello. I also have the same problem. This is my first purchase of a Parallels Desktop product. How I can get refund?

13. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, please help us with your purchase reference number.

14. Alexey11

Alexey11 Bit poster

Yes, sure.
    Here is reference number: 331789839

15. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we have initiated the refund for your wrong purchase. The amount will reflect in your account within 5-7 business days.

Alexey11 likes this.
  16. sebastian17

sebastian17 Bit poster

Hi I also did the same mistake also would like a refund

17. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Dear Sebastian,
    Thank you for the provided feedback.
    We have sent you a private message, please check it and provide us with the requested information.
    Best regards!