"you have entered an upgrade key. please conform it with a key from previous version"

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by BaraaA, Oct 5, 2018.

1. BaraaA

BaraaA Bit Poster

I just have downloaded the free version of parallels desktop 14, then I decided to buy parallels desktop 14 instead the free trial version. After I bought a update version to parallels desktop 14 and entered the upgraded key, I received a message says "you have entered an upgraded key. Please confirm it with the key from the previous version". I don't know how to get my previous version key.

2. Hi BaraaA. Are you purchasing Parallels Desktop for the first time or have you purchased and used any other previous versions of Parallels Desktop for Mac?

3. BaraaA

BaraaA Bit Poster

No I'm purchasing for the first time. I only download the free trial version of parallels desktop 14 then I purchased for the first time as an upgrade.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Unfortunately, you cannot use an upgrade key without having a valid previous key. Please confirm if we can process a refund for the upgrade.

5. BaraaA

BaraaA Bit Poster

I do confirm the refund. So do you recommend to buy the full version of parallels instead upgrading? I just don't want to do the same mistake again.

6. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels Kilo Poster

Hello BaraaA, We have processed the refund. Refunds take five to seven business days to appear on your account. You are right,kindly purchase Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac full version and install it directly.