Parallels crashed, not able to reinstall

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DavidA29, Nov 5, 2018.

1. DavidA29

DavidA29 Bit poster

Hey guys,

i got a problem, i am not able to troubleshoot at my own.

Yesterday i want to start Parallels 12. Instead of opening my VM a window popped up saying, that the program crashes and if i want to send it to apple.
    Reinstalling did not work, the console says: (screenshot)

Installing Parallels 14 (test-version) worked in the evening. At the next day it also crashes, giving the following crash-report:
    Did not get it, because there was no update or new installation running when the first crash happens.

I use:
    Parallels Desktop 12
    Macbook Pro early 2011
    2,3 GHz intel core i5
    8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    512 GB SSD (144GB free space)

thank you

Attached Files:

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello DavidA29, Kindly quit Parallels Desktop 12 and then go to Finder--> Application--> Parallels Desktop then ( Right click and move to trash ). Go to Disk utility--> Macintosh HD and run ' First Aid '. restart the Mac computer completely and then reinstall Parallels Desktop 12 < www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd12 > and check with it. if the issue still persists then generate a Technical Report ID (refer to http://bit.ly/1lUhbwK for assistance) please follow the last step using terminal, while the issue occurs/the error message is being displayed (very important) and reply with the report ID number. We'll then investigate.

3. DavidA29

DavidA29 Bit poster

Now I am completely puzzled...
    First: I am not able to generate a Technical Report, because Parallels is not running at any time.
    Second: I tried the steps you mentioned --> did not work. And I even reinstalled my Mac completely from scratch (updating to Mac OS Sierra which was even planned, so I took the chance). And even on the clean, new Mac it did not work.
    Console says:
    Disallowing com.parallels.desktop.console because no eligible provisioning profiles found

4. Please follow the steps from this article and check if it works.

5. DavidA29

DavidA29 Bit poster

Are you kidding me? I would be happy if you read my answers before you start throwing' random solutions at me!

Meanwhile I found the solution. It seems like the Parallels' Developer Certificate which is used for the code signature for Parallels Desktop 12 expired.
    An other user postet the solution:
    https://forum.parallels.com/threads/parallels-12-crash-on-launch.345765/

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Are you able to resolve the issue by fixing the certificate?

7. DavidA29

DavidA29 Bit poster

yes. runs without problems since then.

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Thank you for sharing it with us. Let us know if you need further assistance.