How can I deactivate my Parallels Desktop 10 license

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AleksandrV, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Hi AsangD. We have made changes to the activation key . Please quit Parallels Desktop . Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal.app). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

2. AsangD

AsangD Bit poster

Thanks a lot. I was able to re-activate the product on my new Mac mini.

3. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Good to know. Please get back to us for any further queries.

4. J__9

J__9 Bit poster

I have the same problem. New computer and unable to transfer my license to the new machine. I get the same error message.

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset your Parallels Desktop 11 key. You can try to reactivate it now.

6. EitanH

EitanH Bit poster

Hello support,
    I'm facing same problem on my Mac. Just got a new one and I'm migrating from one to my new one. I tried to deactivate the license on one and even uninstalled it, but still can't activate on my ew one with the message that I reached the maximum number of Macs installed. Please assist. Thanks

7. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @EitanH , We have made the necessary changes to your Parallels Desktop for Mac license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

8. dant9

dant9 Bit poster

Hi Support, I'm having the same issue. I recently upgraded my MacBook pro and wanted to wanted to transfer my license. Ive tried the terminal command but the returned message is still that "Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available. Please Purchase a new product license"

Thanks in advance.

9. Hi dant9. Please provide the first 6 digits of the license key that you are trying to activate.

10. KevinA7

KevinA7 Bit poster

I have similar problem here. My Macbook Pro logic board failed and needed to be replaced. I reinstalled Parallels after data migration and its asks for activation, but when I entered the activation key, received this error:

Your product activation key reached its activation limit and cannot be used to activate Parallels desktop, Please use a valid key or contact the Parallels team for assistance.

This activation key was on this computer before computer crashed, would you please help me for this?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  11. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello KevinA7, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

12. MarioF3

MarioF3 Bit poster

Hello,

Facing the same issue. Switching for iMac to MacBook Pro can't unregister the license.
    Can you reset my license for parallels 10? Thanks.

13. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello MarioF3, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

14. PaulW14

PaulW14 Bit poster

not able to reactivate windows 10 in parallels 14 on MacBook Pro 18
    i had to restore my Mac and am not able to reactivate my windows 10 now
    "0xC004F213" error on windows 10

is there any chance to fix that

15. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @PaulW14, can you please check out this article to reactivate Windows 10?

16. PaulW14

PaulW14 Bit poster

well...I haven't linked my windows 10 with the digital license key to my microsoft account. Furthermore I must have received a windows key from parallels for windows and just got a key for parallels itself that I have access to.

is there no way to handle the issue
    would it matter to reset my current parallels license, which would give me the chance to restart completely from a new beginning on

appreciate your support!

17. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @PaulW14 , Parallels doesn't sell Windows licenses and you will not be able to activate Windows virtual machine using Parallels Desktop for mac license key. If you haven't purchased any license keys for Windows, please purchase it from Microsoft.

18. LorenzoV1

LorenzoV1 Bit poster

Hello,
    Facing the same issue. Switching to a new MacBook Pro and can't unregister the license.
    Can you reset my license for parallels 10? Thanks.

19. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi LorenzoV1. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (from the Finder menu, navigate to Go -> Utilities -> Terminal), execute the command <><> prlsrvctl activate-license-online <><> inside the Terminal window, wait till the operation completes, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

20. RussellL2

RussellL2 Bit poster

I am having the same issue with Parallels Desktop 10. I have done the Terminal command but still receive the 'Maximum Activations' error message. I am reinstalling after a hard drive failure. Can you help?