Windows 10 Configuration - Cannot Change

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by GrantT2, Dec 16, 2018.

1. GrantT2

GrantT2 Junior Member

I am running Parallels 14 on Mojave 10.14.2 with 16GB of RAM.

Windows is currently assigned 2GB of RAM. I want to increase that to 8GB. When I open "CPU & Memory" configuration screen in Windows 10 all of the potential selections are greyed out. ie: I cannot make changes.

A banner at the top of the screen says "Some of the settings on this page cannot be changed until the virtual machine is shut down". I have tried all sorts of variations but still cannot make changes in the CPU and Memory allocation. Any suggestions?

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello GrantT2, Please go to the top menu bar and click on actions, Actions--> Stop, Kindly follow the instructions from this link < https://bit.ly/2GhSP3n > and go to configuration then change the RAM memory to recommended state.

AudioHTIT likes this.
  3. GrantT2

GrantT2 Junior Member

Thanks AJ. It was the Actions-->Stop that was missing from my procedure.

I am now able to configure.

4. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Perfect, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

5. Gunjanp2

Gunjanp2 Bit poster

I have the same problem, Action > Stop doesn't work. Tried more than 10 times, settings are still locked. Please help !

6. Hello, are you running the latest Parallels Desktop version?
    Are you able to use Actions->Shut down, for example?

7. Gunjanp2

Gunjanp2 Bit poster

I'm using latest version which is Parallel Desktop 16 and Yes i tried Action > Shut Down, Action > Restart, Action > Stop, everything, but I'm afraid issues is something else.