License Key attached to different account, cannot activate purchased key?

Discussion in 'Licensing and Activation' started by Kevin14, May 31, 2017.

1. Kevin14

Kevin14 Bit poster

I messed up somewhere obviously...
    I purchased a key for Paralells 12 for Mac and installed it and everything was going great. My computer suffered a hardware failure, so after new hardware and reinstalling Sierra, I cannot input the purchased key. It says that is it associated with another computer, so I click Activate on this computer. Then it pops up saying:
    Unable to perform the operation.
    This license key is associated with another Parallels account. Please sign in using this account and try again. I have tried all accounts that I can think of. I am certain this is the account I purchased the key through. I don't think I ever had any different account associated with this key.
    I tried to register the key but it was that is is tied to another account, but it was the same email address I used to purchase the key.
    When I log into my account, there are no active keys.

I have tried the twitter help, but never received a response.
    Cleverbridge Reference number: 110890932
    I can provide a other info from the purchase, the date of purchase, then card I used, the key that was given to me, anything for prof of purchase.

Is there anyone that can help? Resetting my account? Disable the key and reissue a new one?
    Thanks,
    Kevin

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  2. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello Kevin14, thank you for sharing the information. Going through your records, I could see that your Parallels Desktop 12 license key registered under same email address which you have used during purchase. Please try activating it once again with the same email address and keep us posted.

3. Kevin14

Kevin14 Bit poster

I tried, same issue. I logged out, logged back in, and then activation worked! Thanks!

But when I try to register the key through https://license.parallels.com it still says it is registered through a different account. It is working so I don't really care, but is it necessary to registry my key?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Kevin14 , as we informed earlier, the license key for Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac is already registered under the same email address which is used during the purchase. Please go to account.parallels.com and log in using the email address used during the purchase and check here and let us know if you can view your license.

5. Kevin14

Kevin14 Bit poster

I did, same email address as the purchase, and I cannot register the key, and there are no keys showing up under Subscriptions and Licenses. I was not clear about that in the previous reply.
    This is the response I get:
    Problem.
    This license key is already registered in a different account.

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have checked and found that you have registered the key under same email address but you have made a typo in the email instead of "com" you've entered "con". I've transferred the license to the right account, please log into your account and check then activate Parallels Desktop 12.

7. Kevin14

Kevin14 Bit poster

Thanks!
    Worked great.

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that! Feel free to reach us anytime for support.

9. RickL2

RickL2 Bit poster

My Parallels was signed up with an email address with a typo. Can I get this changed?

10. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @RickL2, please check your private message and reply to us.

11. RickL2

RickL2 Bit poster

I looked, but I have no private messages

12. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Dear @RickL2, please check your private message now and reply with the correct email address.

13. SeanL6

SeanL6 Bit poster

Hi,

I'm also trying to activate my license key on a new Mac and am getting this error: "This license key is already registered in a different account."

Can someone please help me out with this?

thanks,
    Sean

14. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello SeanL6, Please check our private conversation.

15. SeanL6

SeanL6 Bit poster

Hi - thanks very much for your response. I worked out that I was in fact using the wrong email address - all fine now.

thanks

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  16. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

You are welcome, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

17. KhanhV2

KhanhV2 Bit poster

I have the same problem. Please help!

18. Hi, could you please provide us with your Parallels Desktop key and email, which you would like to use for the activation.
    Please send it via the private message. Thanks in advance.

19. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We see that you have the keys registered with "kh***enoz@gmail.com". Use that email during activation to resolve the issue.

20. TomV2

TomV2 Bit poster

I have the same problem: This license key is already registered in a different account.

Please help