Clean Drive clearing Mac fonts?

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by JustinG5, Jan 31, 2019.

1. JustinG5

JustinG5 Bit poster

I have noticed after the last update of Parallels Toolbox to version 3.1.0 (2206) that every time I run Clean Drive it deletes the fonts from my System font book. I have to go through Font Book and restore system fonts. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a bug in the new release?

2. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Hi Justin, Please send us a technical report ID by following steps in this article so that we can investigate the issue further.

3. TomF6

TomF6 Bit poster

Also experienced this issue today. After a Safe restart to try to resolve the issue, seeing some strange display problems in the native macOS.

4. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Please share the technical report ID here by following steps in this article so that we can have this issue investigated.

5. mr-seattle

mr-seattle Bit poster

6. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

We have released Toolbox 3.1.1 update today that resolves the issue of cleaning up fonts cache. Sorry about that!
    Your update should install automatically or you can use "Check for Updates" from the menu to check and install the update manually

7. HumbertoS

HumbertoS Bit poster

Alex Hi, I just used tool box Version 3.1.1 (2313) clean drive and it also cleared my fonts.
    the update did not fix the issue.
    I had to use the command line ($ sudo atsutil databases -remove) from Mr-Seattle above (many thanks to mr-seattle).
    Sorry I did not created Tech Data Report
    I am running Mac Mojave 10.14.1

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  8. IlyaK3

IlyaK3 Parallels Developers

Could you please send a Report?

9. AdrianL4

AdrianL4 Bit poster

wow okay. thanks for the helpful information. i also had experiences these issues and it took me so long to figure out it was the toolbox that was causing it. i just stopped running the clear drive . i even unchecked it so i wouldnt do it out of habit. nobody has time to deal with the errors is causes. please let me know when its fixed . thank you.

10. IlyaK3

IlyaK3 Parallels Developers

It is fixed in version 3.1.1. If it is not still fixed in your case, please send as a problem report like mentioned in this article.

11. Jasper359D

Jasper359D Bit poster

1. To send a technical data report click the Parallels Toolbox icon in Mac menu bar > Settings (asterisk icon) > Help > Send Technical Data.
    2. Wait for the report to be generated. Add a detailed issue, your name and email address and click Send Report:
    3. Once the report is sent successfully, write down its ID number and pass it to Parallels Support.