Trackpad on Mac not working within Windows

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by LauraP2, Mar 14, 2019.

1. LauraP2

LauraP2 Bit poster

I have parallel v 13 and Windows 8.2.1.
    The trackpad will not work within Windows.
    Does anyone know if I can fix this issue or do I need to buy a mouse?

2. Hi, did it work on Mac without any issues?
    Please provide us with the following tech info:

- Start your VM, actively click on trackpad, and right after that generate the Problem report using this KB article
    (Please send us the report's ID)

- Shut Down the VM and go the machine's config.
    Hardware > scroll down to Boot Order > in Boot Flags copy and paste the flag below:

devices.hid.log.depth=2000

Launch the VM and use the trackpad (move it and click intensively), then click ctrl + alt at the same time to ungrab the mouse out of the VM.
    Collect a fresh Problem Report and reply us back with the report ID

3. mishar

mishar Bit poster

I also faced the same issue and the given solution worked for me if you want kindly check it out:-
    1. n Windows, click [​IMG] in the right side of the taskbar, click the Boot Camp icon[​IMG]then choose Boot Camp Control Panel.

2. If a User Account Control dialog appears, click Yes.

3. Click Trackpad.

4. In the One Finger section, select any of the following:
      • Tap to Click: Lets you tap the trackpad to click.

• Dragging: Lets you move an item by tapping it, then immediately placing your finger on the trackpad and moving your finger.

• Drag Lock: Lets you tap the trackpad to release an item after dragging it.

• Secondary Click: Lets you perform a secondary click by placing one finger in a corner of the trackpad and clicking. Choose the corner you want from the pop-up menu.
    5. Under Two Fingers, select Secondary Click to be able to perform a secondary click by placing two fingers on the trackpad, then clicking.