I have a valid license for a legacy version

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by GS_, Jan 9, 2019.

1. GS_

GS_ Bit poster

I use my current license for a newer version on my main Mac, but I also have a license for Parallels 10 I'd like to run on my backup Mac running an older OS. When I try to validate the copy, it says my license has been 'blacklisted'. What up? Can't get a phone number to call in or an email address to contact support. I don't FaceBook or Twitter. I am a tech support that installs Parallels for many of my clients, never seen this before.

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello, thanks for reaching out.
    The license in question has been used multiple times to confirm multiple upgrade keys to complete activation, and so it was blacklisted.
    Depends on which Parallels version you are using. Directions for accessing live support options are here and terms of support eligibility are explained in the same article.

3. MatthiasP2

MatthiasP2 Bit poster

Hi
    I got a new Mac and transferred all my data with the migration assistant. If I open up parallels it says that my license is used. If I then klick "activate on this Mac" I get the response, that the product license cannot be confirmed and that I reached the maximum amount of activations for this activation key. I've first deactivated the version on my old Mac.
    I am using a Parallels 11 Version for this Mac.

Thanks for the help!

4. Hi, we've made necessary changes with your Parallels Desktop 11 key, please check the activation issue and let us know how it works.

5. Andy27

Andy27 Bit poster

Hi I am having the same issue. My old macbook is no longer working and I restored a backup on a new mac. I have a Parallels 11 Desktop license key. Please help.

6. Done, please check the issue with your Parallels Desktop 11 activation.

7. MannyA2

MannyA2 Bit poster

Hi I am having the same issue. My MAC was factory reset and I have Parallels 11 Desktop license key. Please help.
    Thanks

8. Hi, your key has been reset, please check the issue.

9. JoeyDubs

JoeyDubs Bit poster

Hi, my legacy version of Parallels 11 is saying that the key is no longer valid. I'm just trying to reinstall it on my Mac after not having used it for a while.

Thank you!

10. Your license settings has been changed, please try to activate it again and check.

11. JoeyDubs

JoeyDubs Bit poster

Hi Maria, I opened Parallels Desktop back up to entered the key, and it is saying "This activation key has expired. For details, click here."

12. Could you send me your key via the private message, please?

13. JoeyDubs

JoeyDubs Bit poster

I'm sorry, I do not see a private message.

14. Please reply on mine

15. Shirley1

Shirley1 Bit poster

@Maria,hi, I also having this problem. I need to reset it. Can you help me?

16. Hi, your Parallels Desktop 9 key has been reset. Please check and let us know if it's now that case.

17. LeeF6

LeeF6 Bit poster

Hi,
    I am also having this same issue. I have a legacy Parallels 11 license that should be valid one three machines. I only have it installed on one. I am trying to install it on a new macbook pro 2019, but am getting the "your key has reached it's activation limit message". Can you help??

18. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We checked your account and found you have Parallels Desktop 10 key which is good for only one Mac.

19. LeeF6

LeeF6 Bit poster

Hi Ajith,
    If I purchase an upgrade, can I install the Parallels 16 desktop on a different computer? Or do I have to get a separate license?
    Thanks,
    Lee

20. Oliver6

Oliver6 Bit poster

Hello, my Parallels Desktop 12 License was installed on a Mac which is wasted now so I couldn't logout Parallels Desktop. When I try to install on my new Mac, it shows that it's already activated. Could you please reset my activations, thanks in advance. Don't hesitate if you have any questions. Best regards, Oliver