Need key from previous version after reinstallation

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ErikT3, Feb 18, 2017.

1. ErikT3

ErikT3 Bit poster

Hello, I reinstalled Parallels version 11 on my new Mac and entered my Permanent License Key (ending with 94XCVC).
    Apparently Parallels needs the key from the previous version which I don't have anymore.
    Please help.
    Erik

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi ErikT3, thanks for reaching out! Please provide the email address and an activation key in the private message.

3. ErikT3

ErikT3 Bit poster

Thanks Paul Chris, maybe a silly question, but how to send you a private message?

4. Hi, I've sent you a private message, please check you inbox and reply.
    Looking forward to your reply.

5. ErikT3

ErikT3 Bit poster

Hi, I have replied to your private message, did you receive it?

6. Hi, sorry for the delay.. I've just sent you your Parallels Desktop key, please check your inbox and activate Parallels Desktop.
    And please let e know if you have any additional questions.

7. Kristine1

Kristine1 Bit poster

Hi, I just purchased and installed parallels 12 on my mac. I am currently in a trial version as well. I am trying to activate my the key I just purchased; however, it keeps saying that I need the key of the previous version, which I do not have. Please help.
    Thanks,
    Kristine

8. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @Kristine1, we checked the records and found that you have purchased Parallels Desktop 12 upgrade, if you activated a trial version of Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac, you can reactivate it with a commercial full license at any time during the trial period. Please check your private message and reply us.

9. mandym

mandym Bit poster

Hi,
    I previously had a trial version of Parallels which is now expired. I would like and have just purchased the Paralles Mac Pro upgrade. I have registered the product key in my account and am trying to activate it on my Parallels Desktop - but it keeps asking me for the key from a previous version, which do not have. Have I purchased the wrong thing or set this up incorrectly? Please help?

Thanks
    Mandy

10. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @mandym , Please be informed that an upgrade to Parallels Desktop for Mac pro edition can be activated only if you Parallels Desktop 10 or 11 standard version keys as previous version key. If you do not have any of the previous version keys, you have to purchase the full version of Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro edition. Please send us a private message with the purchase information ( Clever bridge reference number ) , so that we can check if we have help with a refund.

11. NiragS

NiragS Bit poster

hi I had a trail version and I also upgraded from the trail version. Also I have the same problem, will I be able to get a refund as I was not aware of the following, after which I can buy a new license. Thank you and looking forward for your email ASAP.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  12. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello NiragS, please check your private message and provide us with the necessary details. Thanks!

13. HaleyW

HaleyW Bit poster

Hello, I reinstalled Parallels Desktop 14 on my Mac and entered my Permanent License Key. Parallels needs the key from the previous version (which was a free trial that I deleted afterwards and I don't have anymore).
    Please help.
    Haley

14. Hi, you purchased the Parallels Desktop 14 upgrade, but in order to activate upgrade you need a key from previous version: 13 or 12. So if you didn't have it and didn't use Parallels Desktop before, you need a full version of Parallels Desktop, not an upgrade.
    If you purchased and used Parallels Desktop before, please let us know. If not, we can help you to get a refund for the upgrade and then you will be able to purchase full version.

15. HaleyW

HaleyW Bit poster

Ok great. How do I return the upgrade ?

16. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

We have processed the refund for the upgrade purchase. Refunds take five to seven business days to appear on your account.

17. Alexender2014

Alexender2014 Bit poster

Hello! I recently purchased a Windows 15 code after using up my 14 day trial, and it is saying that I need a code from the trial. Like these other people, it gave me an error and I am unable to get a code. Would you be able to help me out with it?

18. Hi, please provide us with the screenshot of this message. Thanks in advance.

19. Kohn

Kohn Bit poster

Hello, I have reinstalled parallels 11 and cannot activate it although I have several full versions of Parallels. The prompt does not accept any previous key, just the Parallels 11 one. Please, help me! Thanks, Kohn

20. Hi, we've reset your key, please check the activation issue.