Parallels 15 sometimes freezes host system, sometimes won't start on mojave

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by RossK2, Sep 2, 2019.

1. cyrilm1

cyrilm1 Bit poster

I have exactly the same problem, everything was ok with parallel 14 and now since I bought the 15 it is freezing all the time as described above, what to do?

2. cyrilm1

cyrilm1 Bit poster

I have exactly the same issue and I have generated technical report: 332682042.
    Thank you for your help

3. ParallelsU370

ParallelsU370 Bit poster

Hi everyone can someone from us help me, please? Do you have some recommendation, how fixed this problem? I know, that this topic was a consulted few months ago, but i don't see any solution from support Parallels. I have same problem with freezing VM and mac OS already few months. I am determined to pass on Fusion, but i just found this discussion. Has anyone found a solution?

4. cyrilm1

cyrilm1 Bit poster

the problem still exists so far and no solution has been brought. Everything was working well with the 14 version. I bought the 15 and it is freezing every single time I use parallel which make it really useless. For now I just feel I have spent my money for nothing...

5. ParallelsU370

ParallelsU370 Bit poster

I dont understand why Parallels ignore users who have this problem. They want send report which I cant offer because my macbook ist completly freeze. Others send report but Parallels no offer answer or hint or something customer who paid him every year.

6. cyrilm1

cyrilm1 Bit poster

I don't understand too, but I don't see any change/update since several months. I am not even dreaming about an answer. I think it is the last time I give them a cents. Really I bought the 15 version only to get problems where is the logic in this...

7. RobertH46

RobertH46 Bit poster

I am having the same issue with the 16" mbp i9 8 core with 32gb of RAM. This is crippling our off-site work.

8. ParallelsU373

ParallelsU373 Bit poster

Have you try disk check for the virtual disk? I fixed the issue by execute disk check as following.
    https://kb.parallels.com/113241

What I found was some of osx processes (i.e. prl_disp_service and prl_disk_tool) were executed as osx process, and they took so much osx resources.
    FYI

9. ParallelsU370

ParallelsU370 Bit poster

ParallelsU373 thanks you for tip, but when I starts command, mac freezes at Operation progress 0% same like when I starts Parallels with windows 10.

10. ParallelsU370

ParallelsU370 Bit poster

I try it this morning today, but same situation freeze after start command.

t

11. ParallelsU373

ParallelsU373 Bit poster

In my case, it would take a night to complete even if it seems freezed. I started the command before leave my office, and it have finished on next morning. I forgot to say it, sorry.

Also, the command was finished in a minute with working(no freeze) virtual disk. So, I suspect some corruption correct processes are working in back ground of the freeze.

12. ParallelsU370

ParallelsU370 Bit poster

when I try it over night (2 times yeasterday and today too). Macbook was next morning off, with unexpecting shut down.

13. JosK3

JosK3 Bit poster

Same issue here. I upgradet to Parallels 15 and now Windows 10 freezes after a few minuets after startup. Only way to restart Windows 10 is to force quit te proces. So it is completely useless now. I'll try to go back to Parallels 14.

14. EricP6

EricP6 Bit poster

My entire iMac Pro locks up and requires a hard reboot. This is unacceptable and has been going on for quite some time. I've sent several tech reports. Parallels - you have a serious bug in the software and you should at least acknowledge the problem if you want to keep users.

15. EricP6

EricP6 Bit poster

New report from today: 334126870 rebooted after a system wide crash that froze both Parallels and Mac OS.

16. Hi, does your Mac freeze right after the Parallels Desktop or VM start?

17. EricP6

EricP6 Bit poster

N
    No. It is usually running for some time (hours) before the crash. It's random in that no action within the VM OS seems to consistently trigger it.

18. Are you running any specific app in your VM?

19. EricP6

EricP6 Bit poster

The last few times it was NinjaTrader 8 and before that it was Excel.

20. Thank a lot for the provided info.
    We will involve Parallels Engineering team in this case and let you know once any updates or workaround will be available.