iWeb (apple) problem

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by KeesG, Dec 30, 2019.

1. KeesG

KeesG Bit poster

Who can advise me about the apple app " iWeb" ?
    What's the problem ? I want to update my iMac to OSX Catalina. As is known, the 32-bit applications no longer work after this system update.
    However, I have the iWeb program and I have created an extensive website ( www.alkmaarsecuyperskerk.nl ). After the system update, iWeb no longer works.
    Now I read in a magazine the possibility to install Mojave alongside Catalina via the app "Parallels" instead of "windows" in order to continue using the 32-bit programs.
    I bought and installed the "Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac" program and tried to install the 32-bit programs within the Parallels / OSX Mojave combination. A few apps went well and they also work, but with iWeb I encounter a problem. The app does start and shows the design of the website, but a blank page is displayed for the relevant pages. When I print the relevant page, the content of the page is simply displayed. What is the solution for seeing the contents of the "blank" pages?
    Kees

Attached Files:

studiodupetitpont likes this.
  2. Dr.M13

Dr.M13 Bit poster

I have exactly the same problem. I also tried it with Parallels desktop with a VM in Mountain Lion, El Capitan and Mojave and it never worked in the Virtual Machine!
    But it works on real hardware like a MacMini late 2009! Also I cannot create a new website with iWeb 3.0.4 (last Update)
    Has somebody any hints how to get this working? After investing a lot of time I have no idea anymore (without that it is a graphics problem with the parallels graphics engine).

studiodupetitpont likes this.
  3. JimT7

JimT7 Bit poster

I have the same problem. Anyone have a work round?

4. studiodupetitpont

studiodupetitpont Bit poster

Hi same problem here ! i ve got parallels 15 for Catalina with high sierra inside. iWeb show blank pages

5. Studio Petit Pont likes this.
  6. Studio Petit Pont

Studio Petit Pont Bit poster

HI, here is the ID : 333212129
    Best regards

7. chho

chho Bit poster

Same problem here, blank web pages...

8. chho

chho Bit poster

Report ID: 333851701

9. chho

chho Bit poster

10. DRUSSANTD

DRUSSANTD Bit poster

yes i did and no results for me

11. DRUSSANTD

DRUSSANTD Bit poster

yes i did but it seems no be the same problem we have...
    what about our tech reports ?

12. DRUSSANTD

DRUSSANTD Bit poster

13. Could you collect the tech.report right after the issue reproduced please? And then please post the report's id here.

14. chho

chho Bit poster

There's another thread about this issue: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250778982
    I tried setting SFRAcceleratedCanvas to false and it showed some little improvements.
    Reinstalling iWeb 3.0.4 didn't help. Printing the page works fine.
    Any ideas / hints from the Parallels support team?

15. GraemeM1

GraemeM1 Bit poster

I have the sample problem. I have iWeb running normally (as well as can be expected) under Mojave. In preparation for upgrading to Catalina I created a Mojave (same version) virtual machine and put iWeb on the virtual machine and copied files as reccomended but got the blank window problem in iWeb.

16. GraemeM1

GraemeM1 Bit poster

Technical repord ID
    336719800 has been submitted in my case

17. EckartH

EckartH Bit poster

@maria: Same problem with El Captain. I think it's a question of how the videodriver works, perhaps iWeb goes it's own way so that Parallels can't deal with it? All items are placed on an website and they are correct stored in the domain-file - but all are invisible

18. Nini Facchini

Nini Facchini Bit poster

Hi,
    I sill have this problem; I tried with varios Mac Os and I do not see pages on Iweb; I followed all the links posted here with no success.
    For what I see the problem is linked to virtualization in Parallel Desktop, no issue with physical machine.
    Any news on this topic?
    Thanks and Regards

19. Hi, are you running the latest Parallels Desktop version?