(De-)activating Parallels Desktop license on two computers

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by SchroedersKater, Jun 13, 2020.

1. SchroedersKater

SchroedersKater Member

As Parallels does not allow 2 or more apps concurrently enabled I thought about using this procedure. Can someone tell me if I can move Parallels Desktop between my iMac and my MacBook and vice versa repeatedly? Maybe even several times a day when I switch from my desktop to the garden...

2. Hello,
    theoretically, yes, you can move your license between your Macs from time to time.
    But Parallels Desktop has a policy 1 license for 1 Mac and moving license back and force may cause reactivation issues.

apaksoy likes this.
  3. SchroedersKater

SchroedersKater Member

That's stuf I already know. But I need to switch between my computers more often, not from time to time. I don't want to use it on more than 1 computer at once. Its there a limitation how often I can switch or is there none?

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Yes, you cannot switch more often with a personal license. You can buy a business license then you can deactivate the key in the license portal and activate on the another Mac but you have to do this every time.