macOS Big Sur and Parallels Desktop

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by IvanD@Parallels, Jun 22, 2020.

1. codingbuilder

codingbuilder Bit poster

Finally got things to work after running the Virtual Box Uninstaller (Part of the VB Installer .dmg). Some problems remain: Ubuntu VM is booting, but doesn't load the XServer correctly (problem might be related to an old set of Parallels tools). Win10 boots nicely, no errors so far

2. K-B Berg

K-B Berg Bit poster

Did you run the uninstaller tool, from the downloader?
    And make sure to uninstall FUSE as well.

3. FrederikG

FrederikG Junior Member

what can I do?

my installation doesn't finish, just this message

Attached Files:

4. CHONGW2

CHONGW2 Bit poster

Ok, seems like may be some other applications has installed virtual box library or whatever, I ran the uninstaller tool from virtualbox and is working...

5. JimH10

JimH10 Bit poster

Yeah, it's working!

DavidB13 likes this.
  6. FrederikG

FrederikG Junior Member

do i have to uninstall PD15 before upgrade, cause for me installation not work. its just loading.

I used the VB uninstall tool, but I have no other virtual box

7. anic297

anic297 Member

Hello and thanks for your answer. The report ID is 347031377.
    The issue: if I start the VM "normally", I can't use any input device (mouse, keyboards, etc.), so I'm stuck at the login screen. If I start in safe mode, I can use the VM normally, with the limitations of safe mode. BS beta 4 in the guest VM didn't correct the issue.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  8. NevilleB1

NevilleB1 Bit poster

I am running Big Sur Beta 4 and, as a temporary measure, I converted my Windows 10 VM to the technical beta of VMWare, which has been working reasonably well.
    I have now installed Parallels Desktop V16 and converted the VMWare VM to Parallels, but now when Parallels starts the VM, I get stuck on a screen saying "Preparing Automatic Repair".
    Any ideas on how to fix this?
    By the way, before I did the conversion, I made sure to uninstall VMWare Tools.

9. Hi, did you get any error/warning during the cinvertation?

10. Thanks a lot!
    Did you reinstall Parallels Tools without any issues?

11. NevilleB1

NevilleB1 Bit poster

No errors at all.
    After the conversion phase, the message changed to "Preparing your Virtual Machine" and then the black screen with the Windows logo and the "Preparing Automatic Repair" message. I've tried the Action...Reset option a few times as well.

12. Did you try the automatic Windows system check?

13. NevilleB1

NevilleB1 Bit poster

No, I did not - please tell me how to do that?

14. Sorry my bad, forgot to add this link in my previous post.

15. NevilleB1

NevilleB1 Bit poster

The link does not help me because it assumes that I can get into Windows, which I cannot. Unless you can point me to the specific section of the article that I need to use?

16. anic297

anic297 Member

In fact, I haven't tried yet. As I must start in safe mode to do anything, I expected Parallels Tools to not be installable in that mode.
    On the other hand, if it's doable, it might be a good move; I'll try.
    Thanks.

17. ViG79

ViG79 Bit poster

thanks ad

18. FabianR1

FabianR1 Member

FUSE...? I thought that died a LONG time ago.

19. FabianR1

FabianR1 Member

FWIW, I was gone for a couple of nights and returned to see that 16 was available. So, when I installed it, I got...

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 9.16.03 AM.png
    I tried that suggestion from https://kb.parallels.com/en/114695, but that didn't help. Kept getting the same message as above. So, I came here to see what what going on and to see if anyone else was has the same or similar issues. I noted some discussion about the Hypervisor (Actions menu (or Control Center and click on the gear icon) > Configure > CPU & Memory > Advanced Settings). I saw that mine was set to Parallels and the other option was Apple. I merely changed it to Apple and my Parallels finally launched into Windows 10 (2004), which I had finally updated to last week.

Hope this helps.

20. FabianR1

FabianR1 Member

Question, should Parallels Tools have been automatically reinstalled with 16?