'Your Phone' issues.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AlexA2, Mar 8, 2020.

1. AlexA2

AlexA2 Member

Right now I'm having a couple of problems with this:
    a) screen mirroring keeps getting error 42
    b) Phone calls can establish but no audio.
    For the phone calls, my Galaxy S10e(one of the supported devices) is paired inside Windows Guest OS, but on on macOS side. I wonder if that's the reason there's a problem? Maybe this feature is designed to work perfectly on native Windows, but not inside a virtual machine. Anyone else try to get this feature working?

2. Hi AlexA2. Please provide the Parallels Desktop version that you are using on macOS Catalina.

3. AlexA2

AlexA2 Member

PD 15.

4. 1. Unfortunately we're not able to implement this feature, until Macs support Miracast.
    2. Please elaborate on how you are trying to make phone calls by connecting the phone through Bluetooth on the Windows side.

5. suzenn

suzenn Bit poster

Facing the same problem, please help me.

6. Hi, could you please provide us with the details?
    Please elaborate on how you are trying to make phone calls by connecting the phone through Bluetooth on the Windows side.

7. YaronB

YaronB Bit poster

Hello, same here...

i have note 10 + connecting to the VM win 10 using the Microsoft Your Phone

1. Phone Screen wont connect even when changing the network to be on the same subnet getting error 42
    2. can't make calls audio to work

8. Hi, what is your Parallels Desktop version?
    How did you connect your phone to your Windows VM?

9. YaronB

YaronB Bit poster

Hello Maria,
    Version 15.1.4 (47270)
    using the Your Phone app in windows over BT

10. Thank you for your reply and sorry for the delay.
    Could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here?

11. Snorfle

Snorfle Bit poster

Exact same issue here. Messages/Pictures works, but showing Phone Screen does not.
    Windows OS build 20170.1000
    Your Phone: 1.20071.95.0
    I created a technical report - #347823134

12. Thanks a lot for the provided information. May I ask you to test the same behavior with Parallels Desktop 16. (you can do it during the free trial period - 14 days)
    Please reproduce the issue, collect the tech report right after that and post the report's ID here.

13. Snorfle

Snorfle Bit poster

Sure I can try and do that but not understanding how/why that will help with the troubleshooting on the version I own and have paid license for? Is the idea to see if you fixed it in PD16 and apply bugfixes in an earlier version?

14. Snorfle

Snorfle Bit poster

Here's the technical report for PD16, slightly different Your Phone version
    Windows OS build 20170.1000
    Your Phone: 1.20081.116.0
    Technical Report - #348654695

No error 42 this time - but it still fails when it attempt to send permissions notification to show the phone screen

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  15. Please change you network type to Bridged and check the issue.

16. LukeJ2

LukeJ2 Junior Member

Hi,
    I'm also having the same problem. I've tried all the different network modes and options, but still can't get it to work. Could it be because the phone is expecting to communicate over WIFI with Windows (Miracast?) and is using some sort of broadcast message that won't work with an emulated-wifi connection?

17. Patin Việt

Patin Việt Bit poster

I'm also having the same problem

18. Snorfle

Snorfle Bit poster

19. LukeJ2

LukeJ2 Junior Member

I have PD16 and have a bridged mode, however it doesn't make any difference and still doesn't work.