macOS Big Sur and Parallels Desktop

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by IvanD@Parallels, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Please post your tech report ID at this thread.
    We also would like to inform you, that we've involved Parallels Engineering team in this case, but more technical information will be very helpful.
    Looking forward to your reply.

2. karlemilnikka

karlemilnikka Member

Do you have any updates to share regarding support for running Mac OS Big Sur (Guest) on Mac OS Catalina (Host)? Ping @Maria@Parallels.

3. Hello,
    We update this KB article once we get any news and possible solutions and workarounds.
    Also we're working on these issues with Parallels Engineering Team and update you soon.

JulsS likes this.
  4. HamishM1

HamishM1 Bit poster

I installed Ben Sur beta 9 in Parallels 16.0.1 on a Catalina host, and all I get is a black screen after it reboots. Is there a version of the beta that does work? The knowledge base article implies that it should work.

5. Hello, did you try to reset your VM?

6. HamishM1

HamishM1 Bit poster

Yes I did and it did the same - just a black screen. I just did the upgrade from Catalina again and it worked. This time I started from 10.15.7 (previously 10.15.5 I think), and had 128Gb disk space instead of 100Gb, and it worked.

7. Thanks a lot for your reply.
    Please let us know if the issue reoccurs.

8. Jonas8

Jonas8 Bit poster

Hello all,
    I am unable to connect USB devices on my Win10 VM, parallel desktop 16 on macos bigsur. any help please.
    thanks

9. Hello, did you get any specific error message?

10. Jonas8

Jonas8 Bit poster

Dear Maria,

There is no error, it's just when you go and click on top right corner to select a USB device such as flash drive, external drive, usb camera or USB wireless adapter nothing happen.

Thanks

11. Could you try to reinstall Parallels Tools and check the issue please?

12. Jonas8

Jonas8 Bit poster

I already try that more than ones.

THanks

13. Jonas8

Jonas8 Bit poster

Hello Maria,

Any update, still cannot use the USB controller option, am using Parallel desktop 16 in MacOS BigSur Beta. Please advise.

Thanks

14. Could you please collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here?

15. DaniilP1

DaniilP1 Bit poster

Hi Maria, I have same problem, my report's ID is 352106803

16. Hello, di you mean the issue with USB controller?

17. DaniilP1

DaniilP1 Bit poster

Yes

18. Please sorry for the inconvenience, but could you please share a bit more details? Are you unable to connect it to Windows VM?

19. DaniilP1

DaniilP1 Bit poster

I connect usb, it appears from above in parallels, I click on it but nothing happens. The checkbox is not checked, but it does not give an error either. I have the same situation as the user described above

20. It looks like a known issue and Parallels Engineering Team are working on the issue.
    Once we get any updates we will let you know.