How do I deactivate a Parallels 10 license to move it to a new Mac?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Eric-SvenV, Dec 8, 2017.

1. PeterC31

PeterC31 Bit poster

Thanks for this but I'm still getting this message when I click on the "Activate" button after entering the activation key P6XXXXX-

"You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license." Am I doing this wrong?

2. Did you perform the suggestions above: execute the prlsrvctl activate-license-online command?

PeterC31 likes this.
  3. PeterC31

PeterC31 Bit poster

Thanks so much! Yes, this worked wonderfully.

4. PEtiS

PEtiS Bit poster

Could you please reset my activation key too?

I just restored my system to a new mac from Timemachine and I get the "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key" error message. Clicking on Activate this Mac does not works. 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' claims 'Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. Please activate the product first.'

Thanks!

5. Hey, your Parallels Desktop 11 license key has been reset, please try to activate it again and let us know how does it work.

6. DouglasC5

DouglasC5 Bit poster

Hello. Reading through this thread, the OP specifically stated that he/she wanted to DEACTIVATE a license so that it could be moved to another machine. You replied numerous times stating the command in terminal 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' would work. This command ACTIVATES a licence on a machine. I have tried it both on the machine that I am attempting to remove Paralleles from and again on the machine that I want to install the license on. It reports that the product has been successfully activated on the machine with the pre-existing installation and on the machine that I am trying to install on, it reports the line about reaching the maximum number of activations.

I want to remove Parallels 10 from one machine and install it on another. How do I do this?

7. DouglasC5

DouglasC5 Bit poster

Then when I try 'prlsrvctl deactivate-license', it says 'Failed to deactivate the license: Unable to deactivate the product. Your type of license cannot be deactivated.'

8. Hi, I cannot find any key in your account: d**gc9**@gmail.com
    Could you share it with us please (send us a pm with your key or email address)

9. DouglasC5

DouglasC5 Bit poster

I don't know how to PM on this board and cannot find any help file to assist me. Where's the PM function?

10. Please just reply on mine

11. DouglasC5

DouglasC5 Bit poster

Hello Maria,

The license key for my Parallels 10 is: PSTE5R-Q51VCE-Q0QMJ6-JCSBAA-SN927W
    This was an upgrade license.

My previous license was for Parallels 8: MK29E1-QRBS6A-AGP4WD-EG1F4P-NRBGD6

I haven't used the software in a few years and installed it on a Mac mini that is running OSX 10.14.6. The installation went fine except that when I attempted to install Windows XP SP3, I couldn't get internet connectivity. I now wish to install Parallels 10 on a MacBook that is running OSX 10.13.6 with the hope that I can get internet connectivity on that machine. However, when I did so, I received a message saying that I have exceeded my maximum number of activations. I wish to deactivate the software on the Mac mini so that I can use it on the MacBook.

I was on the phone yesterday with someone who tried helping me but gave up and advised me to buy the new version 15. This is not an acceptable solution in my opinion.

Thank you,
    Doug

12. DouglasC5

DouglasC5 Bit poster

I haven't got a clue as to what 'just reply on mine' means

13. I've sent you a private message and just asked you for reply on mine message.
    Anyway, we've received your email with additional details about your keys and reset both. Please check the issue and let us know if the issue still persists.

14. DouglasC5

DouglasC5 Bit poster

Hello. I have just tried activating again on the macbook. I continue to receive the 'exceeded the maximum number of activations' error. So, it didn't work.

15. please check your inbox.

16. AmitK8

AmitK8 Bit poster

Hey, thanks
    It's great to know that it is transferable.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  17. EdgarW3

EdgarW3 Bit poster

I moved my MacOS 10.12 Parallels 10 work-environment to another computer. Can you please reset/deactivate my Parallels 10 key, so I can activate it on the new machine? (the Terminal solution does not work for me).

18. BrianB30

BrianB30 Bit poster

Hello,
    I am having the same issue. I signed out of Parallels on the old computer and uninstalled it. Upon loading it on the new machine, it says I've reached my limit of activations. Please advise.

19. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset your Parallels Desktop 12 key. You can try to activate now and check.

20. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

Note: Parallels Desktop 10 is not compatible with Sierra or newer macOS X versions.

We see that you were able to use Parallels Desktop 10 on an old Mac with Sierra as Parallels Desktop 10 was installed and macOS got upgraded but on a new Mac with Sierra fresh installation of Parallels Desktop 10 is not possible.