Can't activate Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by antonioe2, Mar 23, 2018.

1. BezzelC

BezzelC Bit poster

I have bought a paralell desktop licence, do i need again to buy a windows 2010 licence. After installing, my computer is still saying activate windows, see screenshop below.
    Upon buying the parrale desktop, I was expecting to get access to free office software as advertised, but I havent gotten any. Each time I download, I am suppose to pay for activation for almost all the available office softwares

Attached Files:

2. Theodorei

Theodorei Bit poster

I installed the trial of parallels 15 using my bootcamp partition and disable the activation of my windows licence. what can I do?

3. Hi, please try instruction from this KB article.

4. AgamS

AgamS Bit poster

Hi Team,

I have installed trial version to try it out and experiencing the same issue. I have initially copied win 1o pro from Boot camp which was an automatic picked up process and lost my activation had to call to Microsoft.

Came to this forum and followed article suggested by Parallels team member in one of the reply; 1. install a new Win 10 (from ISO downloaded from MS website) using your product key. This did not work and same result, I was expecting a clean win 10 instead picked up my old boot camp one and still missing activation.

Please advise if this is an on-going issue so can decide weather to buy your product or not. Thanks!

5. Hello, did you try this solution?
    Please let us know if it's not that case.

6. Rebecca1

Rebecca1 Bit poster

I have bought a paralell desktop licence, do i need again to buy a windows 2010 license in order to activate my windows 10? After installing Windows 10, my computer is still saying activate windows, see screenshop below.

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Yes, you have to buy Windows 10 separately and activate it. Refer to the article for more details.

8. Aegwyng

Aegwyng Bit poster

Hello Today I installed parallels 16 and Windows 10 pro. Following the installation instructions I paste the Windows Key before to proceed with the installation but It is not working. I got

Attached Files:

9. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

The Windows key you have purchased is it Pro key or a different edition. Have you purchased from Microsoft or a reseller?

10. Aegwyng

Aegwyng Bit poster

I bought 3 windows 10 pro Keys from a reseller, the one used on Parallels was the only one that doesn't work.

11. Hi, did you get any specific error message during the activation?

12. TurqayM

TurqayM Bit poster

refund money

13. TurqayM

TurqayM Bit poster

I purchased an uprage parallels desktop standart edition for home a student use but unfortunatly I can't use it.I want to get money back.Can you please help me out and tell me how to do it?

14. Could you share your purchase order number please?

15. TurqayM

TurqayM Bit poster

Hello, sure. This is the purchase order number 274204324.

16. DanasB

DanasB Bit poster

I have downloaded Parallels 16 trial. I have a Windows 10 Pro license key which worked fine on VirtualBox and on a real PC, but doesn't work on Parallels (same Windows installation file). When trying to troubleshoot through Windows, it also doesn't let me log in to my Microsoft account, although all the credentials are correct...

17. Hi, please sorry for the delay in response. Your order has been refunded, you will receive funds during the next 5-7 days.
    Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

18. MohanM1

MohanM1 Bit poster

I have a license key for windows 10 pro. I was able to activate my windows 10 copy earlier with parallels. But I had to reinstall windows and now I can't get my windows to activate. I get an error message that says 'product key was used on another device'

19. TurqayM

TurqayM Bit poster

Thank you very much for your kind assistance. I recieve the money back. I appreciate your great service.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  20. Hi, could you provide us with the screenshot of the issue (in the issue still persists)