"This license key is associated with another Parallels account."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JeffW9, Aug 10, 2021.

1. JeffW9

JeffW9 Bit poster

I'm trying to reactivate my Parallels Desktop Pro license on my M1 Mac and I'm getting the message:
    "This license key is associated with another Parallels account. Please sign in using this account and try again."
    I am logged into the account that has been charged for years to pay for the license, so I'm not sure what the issue is here.
    I also checked the computer that was previously licensed, and it is now also unlicensed and not signed into an account.
    This is a very frustrating issue.

2. Hello, could you provide us with your Parallels Account (previous and new email address) via the private message please?

3. JeffW9

JeffW9 Bit poster

There is no "previous email address."

Nor is there a private message.

4. JeffW9

JeffW9 Bit poster

My email address is on the account I used to post this, and my "Cleverbridge Reference Number" from the last time I paid you over $100 for a product you won't let me use is 249356583.

5. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello!
    I've replied to you in private messages. Please let me know if you want to transfer the key.

6. BobW13

BobW13 Bit poster

Hello,

I have the same problem.

7. Hi, please reply us back with your license key and Parallels Account email address

8. BobW13

BobW13 Bit poster

Hi Maria,

How do I send it via PM?

9. BobW13

BobW13 Bit poster

Can you tell how to send it?

10. JeffW9

JeffW9 Bit poster

You can't PM them unless they PM you first.

11. BobW13

BobW13 Bit poster

I did't know that I had to check my inbox. Problem is solved, I logged in with the wrong account.

12. PhilipJ1

PhilipJ1 Bit poster

Hi I have the same issue
    Please deactivate my parallels key so I can move it to another mac.
    The tutorial did not work, I cannot "activate on this mac"
    I get this message
    "This license key is associated with another Parallels account. Please sign in to this account and try again."

Please deactivate my key manually so I can activate it on another mac.

philip.johnson@outlook.com

13. Mikhail Ushakov

Hello!
    I've reset the hardware activation counter for your Parallels Desktop 16 key, so you can use it for activation on another Mac.

14. YliesZ

YliesZ Bit poster

Hi MikhailU. (or some one from parallels).
    We have a problem with our activation keys and no one at parallels answered us (by mail, call, tchat...) since one week.
    The situation are urgent for us so please can some one contact me at the email associated with this account.
    our group (more than 50000 computer) are really disappointed with this situation.

15. Mikhail Ushakov

Hello!
    I've created a ticket for you. Our engineers will contact you shortly.

16. Rohan3

Rohan3 Bit poster

Hey I have the same issue as above , I have inherited a computer from my company . I have the activation code but its linked to another account ( that person has left the company) . Please reset my key

17. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, we have sent you private message. Kindly help us with your old and new email addresses along with the purchased invoice copy in the private message.

18. SandorM1

SandorM1 Bit poster

I have the same problem. I am a user since 2020. I just renewed it, but the previous version was in my Mac book pro that burned. I a got a new one, and now it tells me that my new activation key is on another machine. I tried to activate I the new one and tells me that it is already associated with another parallels account.
    Referene number is
    I tried with same email where I get the invoice and comm back an for with clever...., but activation answer is that parallels desktop is activated with another account.

19. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we have sent you a private message with your registered email address. Kindly check and response. We have removed your purchased reference number and email address due to security purpose.

20. SandorM1

SandorM1 Bit poster

Please help me. I understand that when it tries to deactivate the other machine I can't because it does not exist anymore. It is burned! I now have 2 accounts; how do I erased san********@icloud.cl given that my purchase is link to @uach.cl

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2022