Diablo 2: Resurrected does not run on Mac M1 Parallel

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by BradleyF3, Aug 14, 2021.

1. beagley

beagley Member

Hi,
    Looks like this thread has been turned into "all things Diablo 2 Ressurected on Macs under parallels", so here's me:
    *Error message attached*
    "Failed to Initialize graphics device. Please ensure your PC meets the minimum..."
    On a 2017 MacBook Pro, latest Parallels, latest Windows 10. (2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 16GB, Radeon Pro 555 2GB).
    My searching and research suggests the problem is either:
    1) Parallels not supporting DTX12 in quite the way it needs to?
    or
    2) Windows on Parallels can only see the integrated (Intel HD Graphics 630) and can't see the Radeon Pro card?
    best regards!

Attached Files:

IvanV4, robibobi and sleepyhound like this.
  2. robibobi

robibobi Bit poster

i'm having the same error message. Daamn, it would be awesome if this game worked on Parallels... I would buy it IMMEDIATELY :)

3. AlanS15

AlanS15 Bit poster

Having same issue with iMac 5k 27" 2020, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB. Uploading screen shot and I also

Attached Files:

robibobi likes this.
  4. PaulD23

PaulD23 Bit poster

Hey i have the same problems in MacBook Air with M1. My Tech Report ID is 380023250

robibobi likes this.
  5. MichaelR71

MichaelR71 Bit poster

I watch the forum every day hoping someone can find a solution to run the game. I made an email support request to Parallels, but they never answered me ... I got the exact same error message with Parallels 17 and Windows 11 on my MacBook Pro M1

minkim likes this.
  6. BradB7

BradB7 Member

I'm not a Gamer, but all these posts about games not working now with Windows 11 ARM in Parallels (especially Steam), I'm wondering if the WDDM 2.0 driver is the issue? Parallels only has 1.3 in DXDiag for DirectX 12.

DrewH3, sleepyhound and robibobi like this.
  7. TimL19

TimL19 Bit poster

Just bought parallels for this reason, disappointed to find this exact issue. Hope we can get it resolved!
    Thanks,
    Tim

Stepmek, DrewH3, minkim and 1 other person like this.
  8. MarieliseH

MarieliseH Bit poster

Same issue, and pretty disappointed. I just bought the game. Trying to run on Imac Retina (4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7) on parallels 17.

beagley and Stepmek like this.
  9. PaulD23

PaulD23 Bit poster

Do we get an update?
    Are u in to it?

Stepmek likes this.
  10. IgorS9

IgorS9 Bit poster

same issue here! MBP m1 "Failed to Initialize graphics device..."
    any updates?

11. sleepyhound

sleepyhound Bit poster

Haven't seen any updates from Parallels support yet but since someone from their team responded to this thread I hope they're keeping an eye on it... Even a quick update of "yes, we're aware there is an issue and we're working on a fix" or even "there won't be any way to fix this" officially from them would be appreciated.

12. BradB7

BradB7 Member

Has anyone tried installing it via Linux? I've seen threads that it can be. Try a linux distro VM under parallels and use that? I'm thinking once Steam is supported for a release, you could use something like ZorinOS to do so.

13. DrewH3

DrewH3 Bit poster

Interesting. I haven't heard any updates from Blizzard or Parallels. I wonder if there is a patch someone can make?

14. Hello,
    Thank you for the provided information.
    We've involved Parallels Engineering Team in this case and once we get any updates we will let you know.

minkim, MichaelR71, BradB7 and 2 others like this.
  15. robibobi

robibobi Bit poster

I see that Parallals Desktop has just been updated to 17.1.0. Has anyone tried to run d2:r on it?

16. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

Would love to know but my "other" issue is I had my M1 iMac built with 8GB RAM and Parallels will only use 4GB for Windows 11 - which does run fine on 4GB - but D2R requires 8 so don't even know if it will run after the issues are solved by Parallels.

17. sleepyhound

sleepyhound Bit poster

Hate to be the bearer of bad news...
    [​IMG]

18. DrewH3

DrewH3 Bit poster

Interesting
    Yes I have tried to run it with the update, no dice.

IgorB2 likes this.
  19. LorenzoA2

LorenzoA2 Bit poster

i also have the same error , last version Parallels on new iMac 24 M1 with 16gb , I try also to "estend" ram to max 16GB (so 8gb for graphic): same error so I think is not a diablo 2 graphic memory requisite (min 8gb). I have new license key of WIN 11 PRO from Microsoft store.
    I purchesed Parallels to play with Diablo 2 Resurected. thanks bye

20. BruceW10

BruceW10 Bit poster

Any roadmap or plans on when this is expected to be fixed?